GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Transportation
, we move the world. We are a
global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our
solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using our advanced
manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a century ago, GE
Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit
still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of transportation
technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that keeps our
connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois. There are
over 65 service sites worldwide. Role Summary:
Based at the customer site in Port Headland, this role is the main contact for all GE related technical queries and service support ensuring the fleet of 21 ACEVO Locomotives perform at or beyond design expectation. Working from the customer's site near Port Hedland WA, embedded with the Roy Hill Rail Maintenance Team, assists in troubleshooting GE locomotives, provides on the job coaching to Roy Hill staff and manages GE’s warranty response to ensure Loco Successful Mission targets are met. Essential Responsibilities:
This key GE/Customer interface will draw on best global GE practice to continually recommend the most efficient operation of the fleet.
Reporting directly to the GE ANZ Senior Service Leader, the Roy Hill Service Leader shall be responsible for setting priorities, achieving agreed goals and delivering the Roy Hill/GE revenue and margin targets. Working closely with the GE Sales Team, is responsible for generating future parts, digital and service sales enquiries to further build the account.
The Roy Hill Service Leader shall be responsible for fleet performance reporting including the management of all EOA outputs. This will include maintaining good working internal and external relationships with GE field and management teams.
The individual will be primarily responsible for:
• Act as the primary liaison between business owners and technical team
• Responsible for delivering the annual GE financial plan (IOP) for Roy Hill
• Accountability to overall locomotive health impacting reliability & availability
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert and provide assistance and training to customer by being part of the "front line” providing leadership to expedite daily operational customer satisfaction
• Track product performance metrics and issue recommendations for continuous improvement
• Responding to customer requests for troubleshooting, failure analysis, field modification oversight, issue feedback and engineering support;
• Assist Roy Hill with troubleshooting, overhaul and repair of GE locomotives
• Provide support in the planning, development and evaluation of all new locomotive opportunity proposals
• Coordinating implementation of field modifications and monitor effectiveness
• Performing joint investigation of failed components with the customer for warranty administration
• Coaching craft employees and overseeing scheduled maintenance activities in an advisory capacity, as required.
• Providing technical guidance to Roy Hill locomotive specialists, reliability specialists, operations and field teams.
• Data collection and reporting as required by GE
• Supporting relevant projects for GE and the customer Qualifications/Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in a support or field engineering role)
• Previous supervisory / leadership experience
• Expertise with GE AC EVO control system
• Willingness to work various shifts on various days (including weekends / on-call)
• Ability to travel to site and other GE facilities globally for customer meetings, networking, training and employee development
• Able to meet Roy Hill site access requirements and OH&S standards.
• Experience in remotely managing teams of Technical Specialists
• Experience with RM&D repair recommendations (RX’s)
• Knowledge of field operations and limitations using railroads GOI
• Knowledge of all locomotive subsystems including RM&D equipment (CMU/Control Systems)
• Experience with process/procedure development and implementation
• Strong MS Office skills (Excel is a MUST)
• Knowledge in materials management, operations, inventory control and logistics
• Confident speaker, who maintains a professional demeanor when clearly and concisely articulating troubleshooting or locomotive next steps
• Up to 20% travel to support specific business or customer needs
• Ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities
• Proactive, driving personality - dedicated to serving the customer
• Ability to work independently and execute in a timely manner
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presenting and organizational skills
• Sound business acumen and proven leadership skills Desired Characteristics:
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certified
• Experience in a field site, shop or manufacturing environment is preferred
• Knowledge of GE Transportation Services business and operations Locations:
Australia; Port Headland, WA