Accountant 1 - Operational
- GE Global Operations
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:20:01 PM
- Job Function: Finance
- Business Segment: Global Operations Asia
Location(s): India; Gurgaon
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As an Accountant with some experience you will be responsible for supporting more senior accountants and performing and reviewing basic accounting entries. At this level you will be expected to explain variations in accounts and work with auditors on process improvements. You will follow an individual work plan and meets day-to-day short term objectives.
Prepare and review account reconciliations Prepare and review journal entries ensuring compliance with local accounting procedures and US GAAP Drive the timely preparation of assigned journal entries driving increased efficiency Prepare periodic balance sheet analysis Engage with auditors to answer questions in regards to control processes and account reconciliations Prepare analysis and explanations behind variations for DR4 reporting.
1) Support local corporate tax teams with regard to tax compliance work, provide Tax BLP data, financial data, and other relevant information required:
- for local tax return filings
- for local tax audits
- under other statutory and/or regulatory rules
2) S2T Income Reconciliation – To ensure preparation of Statutory and Taxable Income reconciliation and any S2T differences are classified, documented and reviewed with Global tax teams for all business management entities reported under the legal entity in the Statutory and Tax Information Reporting tool (STIR).
3) Prepare annual return to accrual analysis. Examine and evaluate deferred tax and current tax payable balances in accordance with GE GAP 740.10.
4) Prepare the Annual Corporate Income Tax (CIT) Account Reconciliation as per guidelines specified in GE MAP.
Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college in accounting or finance (or a high school diploma/GED or equivalent with at least 4 years of experience in an accounting or finance role)/ CA with 2-3 years of experience.
Strong analytical skills Excellent verbal and written communication skills Strong interpersonal and leadership skills Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) Strong orientation towards process improvement
Locations: India; Gurgaon