GE (NYSE: GE) is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store," through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry. www.ge.comGE Oil & Gas
is a world
leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting
customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to
the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work.
We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation,
customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency,
productivity and equipment reliability.
We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the
megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset
health management. Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Role Summary:
The Commercial Application Engineer is the primary technical and commercial resource supporting sales to bid custom product inquiries.
Design (process, mechanical, electrical) of custom solutions for customer specific applications, providing complete technical and commercial offering. Provide cross functional technical and commercial expertise. Essential Responsibilities:
In this role you will solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and long-term business goals.
The Commercial Application Engineer must have technical and commercial awareness. Demonstrates strong ability in executing business goals, programs, and processes. Communicate important market and customer trends back to the business as input for business strategy and product development.
• Technical/Engineering ability to develop technical and commercial solutions from customer specifications.
• Strong commercial and pricing awareness.
• Make presentations, both internal and external, on behalf of the product line.
• Manage and negotiate commercial and contractual risk within the Inquiry to Order (ITO) process. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Communicate requirements for order fulfilment.
• Direct customer management through clear communication internally and externally.
• Document competitors' activities and assess potential market moves.
• Review and influence customer specifications to assure compliance and/or noted exceptions for development of equipment and service quotations.
• Contribute positively to regional sales, orders, profitability, and ITO (Inquiry to Order) goals.
• Gather industry intelligence to inform business decision-making.
• Recognized Third Level Qualification in Engineering.
• A couple of years relevant post-graduate experience.
* Fluently in German and English language Desired Characteristics:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Process/ Instrumentation/Manufacturing) preferred - or equivalent knowledge or experience
• Strong Commercial experience. Locations:
• Good presentation skills.
• Strong creative problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Strong customer orientation.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Strong computer skills including; Microsoft Office products, ACAD.
• Previous experience of ERP system (Oracle, SAP).
• Previous experience of Flow metering and/or Ultrasonic Technology.
Belgium, Germany, Netherlands; Hoevelaken, or home location