Field Service Technician
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:20:21 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): Australia; Parramatta
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for performing the scheduled maintenance, field modifications and installations on a wide variety of Life Care & Diagnostic imaging equipment. The role will be responsible for meeting the ongoing maintenance requirements of customer’s equipment and driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence. Initial target equipment consists of CT and MI equipment
Key Responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Working with experienced field service engineers on basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and service repair needs on designated equipment.
• Completing Level 1 and Level 2 work - Preventative Maintenance and Functional Management Inspections.
• Ordering and managing repair parts cycle times.
• Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
• Effectively communicate with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
• Maintaining tools and test equipment properly and ensure they are calibrated.
• Meeting Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
• Working with experienced field engineers on managing vendors’ service delivery processes in compliance with GE Healthcare policies.
• Utilize the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving.
• Working as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
• Ability to independently manage Level1/Level2 customer service calls with broader engineering support.
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
• Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
• Ensure timely dispatch closure
• Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI’s) within prescribed timeframe
• Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
• Ask for mentorship & guidance in order to ensure compliance with all of the above.
• Certificate III in Electronic Engineering or equivalent trade
• Relevant licenses as required by Federal or State Legislation (eg: Electrical Licenses, Radiation License) and Work Cards (eg: White Card)
• Electrical, Electronics or Biomedical Engineering Technology Degree would be highly regarded but not essential
• Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
• Strong understanding on IT with Windows/Servers and netwroking
• Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
• Biomedical, mechanical and/or experience servicing electronic equipment
• Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
• Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate technical issues in an easy to understand manner
• Demonstrable interpersonal skills / customer relationship management abilities
• Ability to show self-initiative & motivation
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
• High work standards and quality.
• Proven personal time management and reasoning skills.
Locations: Australia; Parramatta