Senior Market Development Director, Malaysia
- GE Global Growth Organization
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:20:22 PM
- Job Function: Marketing
- Business Segment: Global Growth Organization ASEAN
Location(s): Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Strategic Market Development Director leads the regional growth and business development strategy for GE Malaysia, from opportunity identification to opportunity definition and business case development. You will partner with the Country leaders and stakeholders both regionally and globally, and with the regional Global Growth & Organization (GGO) to ensure alignment of growth initiatives prioritization, resource allocation and ownership of key actions & deliverables.
• Drive execution of key growth initiatives delivering business outcome and impact measured through orders growth, market penetration, margin expansion, and improvement in local capability and market position.
• Balance and align functional, regional and P&L strategic focus and actions to achieve defined goals and objectives.
• Partner with the country teams and ASEAN GGO to identify strategic growth opportunities at the region and country level.
• Lead VOC studies, industry/vertical analyses and utilize primary/secondary market research (market size, industry data, policy inputs, VOC results, segmentation studies, and market position / penetration analyses) to define and influence the prioritization and pursuit of select growth opportunities.
• Develop the market potential and size information and all the strategically action coming out from continuous data analysis feeding the business for the right investment and moves He will still develop the model to be aligned with business strategies
• Develop customers & competitors information trying to anticipate market changes
• Own the strategic planning growth playbook process, including key themes, market size and growth rates, and key planning assumptions
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance or Engineering
• Minimum of 8-year experience in management consulting, market development or business development
• Minimum of five year experience working in a global, matrix organization
• Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Marketing
• Knowledge of O&G, Power or related industrial sectors and GE products
• Demonstrated skills in managing multiple projects successfully
• Driven change agent with bias for action
• Outstanding presentation skills and analytical ability
• Ability to work in cross- functional and cross-cultural teams
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur