Besmaya Site Lead
- GE Power
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:20:40 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): Iraq; Baghdad, Besmaya
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The post holder will assist the station management team in general administrative functions and supervision of admin staff, as well as attending to staff welfare, providing customer communication support and management of sub-contractor (GSI) and service provider performance. There may also be occasional requirements for minute-taking in meetings and control of documents and record systems.
The position holder will be required to use proven skills, competencies and experience across several areas. Duties will include but not be limited to:-
• Maintain staff attendance, leave and training records and report same to customer.
• Record, prepare and distribute minutes of meetings and conference calls.
• Liaise with camp housekeeping, maintenance and catering staff to ensure services are being adequately provided and standards maintained.
• Act as interpreter and support communication between GE and customer personnel, local site staff and visitors/vendor representatives.
• Attend office, camp and kitchen HSE inspections and contribute to improvement suggestions.
• Travel between site and GE Baghdad office as and when directed for collection/delivery of goods, incoming and outgoing mail etc.
• Manage the GE sub-contractors, including Granite Services Inc. over various aspects including staff issues and personnel matters, and discuss with station management as appropriate.
• Monitor performance of sub-contractor (GSI) and other service providers, prepare reports as necessary.
• Arrange appointments with and escort station staff to on/off site doctor and hospital appointments as and when necessary.
• Control administrative/stationery supplies and reorder as necessary from customer.
• Greet and assist site visitors and vendor representatives, arrange meeting rooms and refreshments etc.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma) with minimum 3 years’ relevant experience gained at an industrial plant.
• Good level of secondary/high school final qualifications including English and Mathematics.
• Proficient in use of desktop computer with Microsoft Word, Excel packages etc.
• Capable of operating office equipment including copier, scanner, printer, laminator etc.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Must have own reliable transportation.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
Effective problem identification and solution skills.
Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Locations: Iraq; Baghdad, Besmaya