SmartSignal BluePrint Developer
- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:37:49 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): China; BeiJing, ShangHai; Shanghai, Beijing
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytics and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At Power Digital Professional Services, we believe it’s about the future of the energy industry and are transforming Power Generation Services into a global leader that enables our customers to improve operational performance and maximize shareholder value by making the best use of the world’s power generation information. It’s about making the world work better. Stay connected with us. Join our Talent Community!
The SmartSignal Blueprint Developer will develop SmartSignal Blueprints for new applications or equipment types in the power generation industry. He/She should understand the various failure modes and malfunctions of coal-fired power industrial equipment and apply them in the blueprint design process.
• Lead information-gathering process and design the diagnostic rule logic
• Create new blueprints, modify SmartSignal Blueprints based on input from services personnel and create derivatives of existing Blueprints
• Test new blueprints in a live environment and collect feedbacks to update them.
• Set default configuration settings based on data and input from services personnel
• Ensure blueprint quality standards are met
• Depending on the specific need, advise the Analytics Team, Implementation Team and/or Monitoring Team on the purpose of blueprints
• Bachelor degree in thermal-power engineering, Electric Power or Automation Control. Master’s degree is a plus.
• 10+ Years working experience with industrial equipment in the coal-fired Power Generation, Electric Power Research Institute or others closely related to power generation.
• Must be familiar with failure modes of different asset types and the data signatures of the failure modes
• Computer programming/scripting skills
• Written and oral communication skills in English
• Aptitude for the use of complex software applications, abstract concepts, use of data.
• Customer-facing skills: Communication, respect, judgment, responsiveness
• Self-Motivated and result driven with positive, can-do attitude.
• Ownership and willingness to do what it takes to deliver quality in his/her work
• Work well in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities effectively. Ability to excel in a team environment.
• Working knowledge of industrial equipment, maintenance, and trouble shooting.
• Experience analyzing time series data of industrial equipment.
• Passionate about software and technology.
• Ability to travel per business need. Up to 20%.
Locations: China; BeiJing, ShangHai; Shanghai, Beijing