- GE Digital
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:22:01 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Technology
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Developer will work with large data sets in a complex warehouse and analytics tools environment. The Developer will get the opportunity to work hands-on with our architects and business partners to design, develop, and implement data structures and ETL scripts (in Informatica, Business Objects, and PL SQL).
This role is a perfect way to continue building your technical career path and will have exposure and mentoring from the senior Data & Analytics team members and the Enterprise Data Management organization.
• Develop technical design specifications and validate approach during internal reviews
• Hands on development of PL SQL and Informatica scripts/jobs
• Business Objects backend development, including objects and universe design
• Data warehouse development of schemas and joins to support and enhance current data model/sources
• Perform unit testing and system integration testing in development environment
• Coordinate and validate code movement between DEV and STAGE with admin team so
• Integration and knowledge transfer with the support organization
• Good to have knowledge of Tableau, not mandatory
Initial role will be with the HR & Payroll Data and Analytics department at GE.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or IT-related field and 4-6 years of data warehouse, SQL, ETL & reporting technical experience
• Prior role developing/managing/working with ETL/reporting tools, scripts, and techniques
• Located Bangalore, India
• Experience in oracle and should be adept with Data Warehouse concepts
• Experience using BI tools e.g. Informatica, Business Objects & Tableau
• Experience working with SQL & PL SQL
• Knowledge of working in an iterative manner (in the spirit of Agile/SCRUM methodologies)
• Experience with payroll & finance domain
• Willingness to learn technical concepts and drive efficiency within team
• Ability to balance multiple project teams, stakeholders, and priorities and to communicate with stakeholders where there are conflicts
• Experience working with business partners and balancing relationship with internal IT providers
• Knowledge of working with Cloud concepts, including data privacy risks
• Demonstrated awareness of how to function in a team setting
• Distills information down to key points.
• Expresses the information clearly and concisely. Projects knowledge of relevant data.
• Demonstrated awareness of how to leverage curiosity and creativity to drive business impact
• Asks follow-up questions when presented with new data/projects. Sees the broader implications of an idea.
• Presents new ideas and concepts. Makes connections among previously unrelated ideas.
• Deep passion for learning.
Locations: India; Bangalore