- GE Healthcare
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:22:31 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is an equal opportunity Employer.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
A Software intern will work on POCs for a number of exciting projects that will have a very positive impact on GE’s business.
You will be responsible for concept prove outs, programming accordingly for the features and or a small feature set. You will contribute to the team and works with direction from the Senior Team Members or management but works independently.
In this role you will:
• Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
• Develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end web applications
• Collaborate with system engineers, front end developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
•Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
1. Programming skills - Java, C++,C
2. Analytical & problem solving skills
3. Great team player
4. Familiarity to Data Science techniques is a plus
Locations: India; Bangalore