Services Specialist 1 - Field Svc & Technical Advising
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:22:35 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Solutions
Location(s): Russian Federation; Moscow
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Field Engineers are a vital link providing power to the world. They lead the installation,
maintenance and start-up of a broad range of equipment. This work – cutting edge state-of-the-art
technologies and services - provides for the crucial infrastructure to the world's power generation
As a Field Engineer you will represent GE both technically and professionally to ensure that
equipment is installed, maintained and started properly.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Provide customers with high quality, value added service worldwide, front-line business of GE Oil&Gas.
• Provide technical direction and/or project management of installation, commissioning and maintenance of centrifugal and axial compressors, turboexpanders and related products.
• Providing input for Daily Outage or Weekly Installation Reports
• Communicating effectively with Service Managers / Installation Managers and Site Leaders on job planning and execution and with Resource Manager regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression
• Providing leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
• Maintaining strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
• Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
• Troubleshooting control operations and maintenance problems in the equipment
• Support the business growth requirement by driving customer satisfactory.
• Six sigma / quality initiative.
University degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
• Good command of oral and written English
• A depth of relevant experience in energy, power or oil & gas industries
• Training/experience with installation and maintenance programs for compressor sets and all related, off base related auxiliary equipment.
• Strong customer service-oriented.
• Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
• Work efficiently without direct supervision.
• Willing to continuously work on construction/maintenance sites and travel worldwide.
• This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly (not less than 70%) without geographical restriction
• Environmental, Health and Safety mindset and compliance.
• Power plant, oil and gas industry or field service experience strongly preferred.
Locations: Russian Federation; Moscow