Lead Project Management Specialist 2 - Site/Installation Op
- GE Renewable Energy
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:22:39 PM
- Job Function: Project Management
- Business Segment: Renewable Energy Hydro
Location(s): India; Vadodara, Project Sites India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Manage and coordinate Site Installation activities of any of the product or plant completely as per the erection procedures, planning, and site conditions. The Lead Supervisor has to ensure that Site Installation activities are performed 100% in line with contractual requirements, within scope, on time. The Lead Supervisor to promote project opportunities and cost optimization initiatives within his area of responsibility.
• Identify Construction responsibilities as per his roles defined in the project.
• Respect EHS and insists his team respects EHS and ensure every individuals follow EHS as per GE requirements and guidelines sincerely.
• Ensures quality at work place is always maintained and not sacrificed.
• To prepare detailed planning of each activity of Turbine assembly and its auxiliaries within the scheduled duration with clear measurable progress parameters.
• To prepare detailed resources required for each activity of Turbine assembly and its auxiliaries within the limits and reasonable backup.
• To prepare the division of work among the group of supervisor and leading one critical Turbine assembly by himself in large hydro project.
1. First stage embedments.
2. Draft tube.
3. Spiral case.
4. Turbine runner and shaft assembly.
5. Turbine bearing assembly.
6. Turbine shaft seal & inflatable seal assembly.
7. Turbine distributor assembly.
8. Turbine auxiliaries.
9. Turbine alignment.
10. Turbine field tests.
• To prepare project specific erection procedure for all Turbine installation keeping site situation in consideration and, review with site team.
• To prepare risk assessment and action plan for every activity of Turbine assembly, get validated by EHS representative and review with all his team and actions defined.
• Ensure all resources are being provided to his team of supervisors for timely completion with safety and quality.
• Ensure all the documents are made available for every activity of Turbine assembly to his team of supervisors
• Ensure site tests requirements are identified, planned and organised. Information provided to his team of supervisors with regards to site testing.
• Involve in work front handing over and taking over from and to client and within inter departmental.
• Leads all supervisors within his control during site planning, execution and monitoring.
• Leads all supervisors in documentation updating, archiving.
• Leads all supervisors in reporting and communicating. Collect Field Service Reports from Site Personnel
• Lead engineer is responsible for execution of complete Turbine.
• Takes responsibility of NCR till its closure with clear CONQ.
• Ensures technical clarifications are provided in time to his team of supervisors.
• Ensure the compliance by the Customer of the Contractual Obligations in providing access to working area and work front.
• Material verification, preservation, monitoring and early notification for shortages, damages etc. including consumables.
• Resource identification and allocation among the teams as per the priority and scheduled planning.
• Identification and ensuring precession tools availability in good usable condition and with valid test certificate and calibration certificate.
• Supervise, monitor the works and list out all punch points and ensure that the punch points are mostly closed before handing over to the next activity or to commissioning team.
• Collect all reports, review and provide the same to site planner, site manager for further reporting and archiving.
• Plans audits, conducts audits, defines action plan, communicates and archives the audit report. Ensures the compliance of all action plans defined and properly closed.
• REACH initiations are being taken to reduce the cycle time.
• Represent the site team in actions related to home office.
• Maintain cordial relation with client site representative and also with sub-contractor.
• Provide on job training to his team of supervisor and other team members.
• University degree (comparable with bachelor or master) in Mechanical Engineering
• 8+ years of Experience in complete Turbine assembly and installation for medium hydro.
• Team Leadership
• Time management
• Social and self-competence
• Quality assurance
• Project Management certification.
• NDT level-II certification.
• Experience on site performing Erection of all packages or cross functional assignments.
• Contract management experience
• Site construction Management.
• Turbine commissioning.
Locations: India; Vadodara, Project Sites India