GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Industrial Solutions offers a wide variety of repair solutions that include motors, generators, transformers, and turbines throughout North America.
Want to know what we’re working on at GE Canada? Visit www.gereports.ca
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2016.
To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE – imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer Role Summary:
GE Business: GE Energy Connections - Industrial Repairs
Location: Burlington/Stoney Creek, ON
Duration: 12 months
Anticipated Start Date: September 2017
Number of positions: 1
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Finance
Application Deadline: May 17th, 2017 Essential Responsibilities:
The assignment will involve various finance, accounting and controllership activities, and support the GE Energy Management – Industrial Repairs and Services Canada finance team.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
• Analyze and report operational and financial metrics
• Perform general ledger entries
• Investigate account balances, make recommendations and provide supporting details
• Manage capital project accounting and controllership
• Various ad-hoc requests such as spending analysis, balance sheet investigations, and estimates
• Improve and document existing processes and find efficiencies
If you see yourself in a challenging, rewarding career at an extremely diverse, innovation-driven company, this is the perfect place to start. Wherever the internship takes you, GE's supportive environment and free flow of information will encourage you imagine, build, solve and lead. Qualifications/Requirements:
Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proactive behavior with strong problem-solving orientation
• Strong computer and business analytical skills eg. Excel
• University degree in course of completion in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent related discipline
• Open to both current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term and recent graduates who have completed their studies within the past 2 years
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in joining GE. Locations:
Canada; Ontario; Burlington