GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017. Role Summary:
Want to know what we’re working on at GE Canada? Visit www.gereports.ca
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2016.
To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE – imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GE Business: GE Water & Process Technologies
Location: Oakville, ON Canada
Duration: 12 to 16 Months
Anticipated Start Date: Sept 2017
Number of positions: 1
Reporting to: Municipal Customer Fulfillment and Engineering Manager
Application Deadline: May 17th, 2017 Essential Responsibilities:
As the Mechanical Engineering Intern, you will be joining a dynamic, multi-disciplined environment as part of the Municipal Customer Fulfilment and Engineering team, supporting water and wastewater treatment systems development and design. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of mechanical, electrical and controls engineering. You will gain exposure supporting the engineering team and assist the greater organization in achieving its goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Selection of equipment (including pumps, blowers, valves, tanks and instrumentation) and assist with bill of materials creation
• Completion of engineering and hydraulic calculations as required under the guidance of an experienced Project Engineer
• Back-checking of drawings (P&IDs, PFDs, General Arrangements)
• Review of Operation & Maintenance manuals as well Vendor Data Manuals
• Assist with commissioning and start-up issues employing problem solving skills
• Preparation and review of equipment quotations from suppliers
• Review of GE Water, customer and local specifications
• Completion of engineering design quality assurance reviews verifying that all engineering designs, bills of materials, and technical data are complete and Participating in project launch and design review meetings under the direction of the Project Manager and/or Project Engineer Qualifications/Requirements:
Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Self-motivated, quick to deliver and a team player
• Able to demonstrate a dedication to safety
• Good written and oral communications skills and Ability to effectively present information to project and functional management and to customers, subcontractors, and suppliers
• Ability to synthesize information from different engineering disciplines
• Strong organizational, communication and PC skills are required
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and contract documents
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
• Ability to document technical information
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Detail-oriented and ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills
• University degree in course of completion in Engineering (Biomedical, Chemical, Electrical, Environmental Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Systems), or equivalent related discipline
• Open to both current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term and recent graduates who have completed their studies within the past 2 years.
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in joining GE. Desired Characteristics:
• Ability to interpret drawings, such as P&IDs, General Arrangements, supplier Blueprints and Plant Layouts.
• Experience with 3D drafting in Solidworks, Microstation
• Experience programming with VBA and Excel Macro
• Water treatment experience would be an asset Locations:
Canada; Ontario; Oakville