Sales Manager, Industrial Solutions - ANZ
- GE Energy Connections
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:22:55 PM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Energy Connections Industrial Solutions
Location(s): Australia; Brisbane
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Industrial Solutions, part of GE Energy Connections, empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help
ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. Industrial Solutions’ product and service solutions add to GE’s broader portfolio of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries. To learn more, please visit: www.geindustrial.com.
The Sales Manager develops tactical and strategic customer plans to meet financial orders, sales and margin goals. In this role the Sales Manager will be responsible to call on industrial and utility customers and promote the services and products of the EC Services and Power Conversion businesses to identify, develop and close orders, execute business objectives, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
As the Sales Manager, you will:
• Provide sales leadership with assigned customers through the formulation and execution of strategies that will support the customer's business needs through their use of GE services and technology
• Build customer relationships throughout their organization
• Support the assigned customer with sales activities that provide assistance to the customer in identifying new opportunities where they can improve reliability, productivity or specific business objectives
• Negotiate contracts as required
• Maintain knowledge of market trends, competitive actions, customer trends and installed base and market levels of pricing for supported classes of services or products
• Maintain accurate and up to date records of all opportunities and disposition opportunities as they evolve
• Make recommendations for continued growth
• Bachelor's Degree (or a high school diploma with at least 4 years of experience in Sales).
• Professional sales experience in a relevant industry such as Metals, Mining, Power Generation, Paper and Material Handling.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Sales or Marketing role involved with customer development in a pre-order role
• Knowledge and experience selling products and services associated with electrical power studies, switchgear, drives, motors and transformers
• Hold the appropriate entitlement to work in Australia & New Zealand at date of application (Permanent Resident of Australia or an Australian Citizen or New Zealand Citizen).
• Ability to travel across Australia when required (30%)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• In-depth knowledge of industrial and utility applications for services, repairs and products
• Integrative team working style
• Self-starter, energetic and positive contributor to the team environment
Locations: Australia; Brisbane