Lead - Sourcing Programs (MMF)
- GE Global Growth Organization
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:41:28 PM
- Job Function: Sourcing
- Business Segment: Global Growth Organization India
Location(s): India; Pune
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Program Leader is responsible for identifying and executing new programs for MMF facility in Pune. Manage the buying process for given set of commodities. Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity in line with specifications and budgets. apply theoretical knowledge to develop strong foundation of function skills and knowledge relevant for purchasing and sourcing.
Program management throughout the program life cycle;
Planning the overall program and monitoring the progress;
Managing risks and issues and taking corrective measurements;
Managing and utilizing resources across projects;
Managing stakeholders’ communication;
Aligning the deliverable's (outputs) to the program’s “outcome” with the aid of the business change manager
Manage budgets and contracts associated with programs and/or initiatives
Periodically prepare and implement supporting work plans
The role will primarily focus on Order tracking, manage relationships with suppliers for PO execution. Problem solving, scheduling, Planning changes. Update ERP. Develop new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
- Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects. Works together with high level business stake holders and leaders.
- Effectively communicates about project progress, approach and presents outcomes of research done, by providing technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge.
- Actively participate in supplier performance reviews, advise Functional managers on projects, processes ,procedures. Contributes to project as a team member or leads small projects.
Strong interpersonal skills, inclusive & assertive behaviours’.
Internal/ external stake holder management, good influential skills
Working with cross-functional teams to drive execution of projects
Working with diverse global teams to ensure delivery of products
Building strong trust-based relationships within manufacturing, suppliers, SQE, sourcing
Bachelor’s degree (in Science/Engineering) from an accredited university or college
At least 5 years of full-time work experience in manufacturing, sourcing, development of new products, NPI’s.
Good machining / process / Value Engineering / planning knowledge
Strong written & verbal communication skills
Demonstrated problem-solving skills
Strong project/program management skills
Ability to build trust-based relationships with suppliers & team
Demonstrated ability to work with diverse international/multi-location groups
At least 5 years of experience in a program, manufacturing sourcing, position in an industrial goods environment
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
Very strong result oriented mind-set.
MUST: Highest Level of Integrity.
MUST: Willingness to travel greater than 50% of the time
Locations: India; Pune