Software Quality Test Engineer
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:22:58 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Software Quality Test Engineer has responsibilities extending to the testing (manual & automation) of application software within Global Services technology teams.
* Contributes to the overall test strategy, including non-functional testing and automation approach, deliverables, schedule and environments for project implementations.
* Develops new procedures and drives continual improvement of the testing process at the team level through participation in Test Workgroup and Community of
* Provides goals and objectives in alignment with the goals and objectives of the Test Manager, area Test Lead and in support of the overall organization's strategic vision.
* Responsible for aligning personal work efforts with other Test and Development Engineers, contributing to effort estimation, risk and scope analysis.
* Collaborates with Scrum Master and Test Lead in analysis and review of Solutions and Architecture artifacts for testability and accuracy.
* Applies testing tools and technologies to support the testing process and framework across an integrated Agile software development lifecycle.
* Participates in peer reviews of Test Engineers’ test designs and is self-directed in test case design, execution, results analysis and defect reporting.
* Contributes to innovation in testing methods, tools and practices through application of industry trends and thought leadership from professional testing literature and conferences.
* Accountable for adherence to QMS procedures and deliverables, defect leakage targets, root cause analysis and process improvements in collaboration with the Test Lead and Testing Manager.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Engineering or related computer field
* 3-5 years of experience in software testing
* Proficient in manual testing (Web, Web Services, API, Database)
* Proficient in SQL queries to perform DB testing.
* Proficient in functioning in an Agile team
* Working knowledge of Selenium/UFT to perform test automation
* Working knowledge of test automation methodologies, frameworks, scripting
* Working knowledge in configuration management and defect management tools (SVN/CVS/ALM/Rally)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
* Willingness to work in different application areas
* Strong desire to learn new skills
* Ability to work independently or/and as part of a team
Locations: India; Bangalore