GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world’s first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running. www.GEEnergyConnections.com
GE’s Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electrification of the world’s energy infrastructure by designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today’s industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future. Serving specialized sectors such as energy, marine, oil and gas, renewables and industry, through customized solutions and advanced technologies, GE Power Conversion partners with customers to maximize efficiency. To learn more, please visit: www.gepowerconversion.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Field Service Engineer - Rotating Machines will provide technical and hands-on expertise to support to resolve customers’ Motors and Generators problems. The person will have a high level of expertise related to the mechanical aspects of large and medium electrical machines and be capable of planning and executing jobs for self and a site team, have a great customer reputation and an entrepreneurial spirit.
As the Field Service Engineer - Rotating Machines, you will:
- Execute electrical tests in MV AC Electrical Motors and Generators: Insulation resistance, Winding resistance, voltage drop test, transformation ratio, partial discharge test, hipot & dc leakage test, dissipation factor test)
- Able to perform tests and inspections in Medium and Large DC rotating machines: Neutral zone adjustments, brush and brush holders tests and adjustments, commutation inspection (surface condition, sparkling conditions, etc)
- Perform motors & generators Start-up / Commissioning: Static tests, operational tests (temperature elevation, vibrational tests, electrical parameters, etc)
- Execute assembly / disassembly of electrical components such as cables, capacitors, rtd's, surge arresters, fan motors, CT's, TC's, winding (coil assembly, parts insulation, etc), etc.
- Lift machines / rigging skills
- Experience in solving vibrations issues and balancing execution of high speed rotating machines
- Assure the GE's Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS)procedures are strictly followed in the job site
- Knowledge and ability to execute mechanical inspections in Large and Medium electrical rotating machines (motors & generators): Dimensional control Sleeve & roller bearings, air-gap inspections, metrology skills, etc
- Perform shaft alignments: Motor – Gear box / Load machines, Generator – gear box / turbine
- Able to execute assembly / disassembly of mechanical components, machine parts such as rotor, stator, covers, heat exchanger, sleeve bearings, roller bearings, couplings, etc
- Technical degree in mechanical course
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with mechanical maintenance of large and medium rotating machines
- Ability and willingness to work outside of the office (travel) 85% of the working time
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: Canada, United States; Texas; Houston, Fort lauderdale