GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life Sciences Role Summary:
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
As the Manufacturing Engineer for the PET Consumables products you will provide technical leadership for the production teams based in GE Healthcare and in external CMOs. Responsibilities include providing documentation and floor support associated with safety, manufacturing and quality methods, and drive change requests for the manufacturing of PET consumable products.You will initiate new processes/methods that will improve safety, reduce product cost and/or improve product quality. Join GE! Essential Responsibilities:
• Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Work with internal GEHC manufacturing teams and external CMO staff to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
• Participate in new product introductions through process layout, tool development, and new equipment.
• Ensure regulatory compliance through Validation & Verification - Plan execution and analysis.
• Lead Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of supply chain goals.
• Driving LEAN manufacturing implementation.
• Provide safe processes that comply with all relevant regulations. Assure that corrective action is taken to resolve observed safety concerns in all areas.
• B.S. Degree in Engineering or a relevant Science degree, or an Associates Degree and some experience in production, engineering or troubleshooting of PC/server based systems or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Understanding of QA and testing procedures
• Good team worker in international teams
• Production experience
• Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry would be beneficial
• Good analytical and planning skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• BS in Chemistry and experience working with PET radiosynthesis systems or in PET radiochemistry or equivalent knowledge and experience Locations:
• Demonstrated ability to identify & implement best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to perform with high levels of ambiguity
• Previous Project Experience
United Kingdom, Norway; Amersham