GE has confirmed it is exploring options for selling the Water & Process Technologies business. The plan to divest the business is a strategic decision that provides an opportunity to reposition the business for growth and further invest for long-term success. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017. GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Working with the local Upstream Production Chemicals team and the local sales team, the Growth Leader is responsible for growing the business, maintaining the current customers and executing sales plan assigned within a defined Area and/or Industry. The Growth Leader will sell the full portfolio of products and services with the principle focus on Upstream Production Chemicals. Other projects/activities may be assigned to the Growth Leader based on experience, development & business needs.
• Meet or exceed key metrics for assigned targets and/or other project activities.
• Drive new sales activity to achieve sales and growth targets,
• Personally, lead & close opportunities in Upstream Production Chemicals and HPI within the assigned Area, working with all the appropriate resources e.g. Product Applications, Growth Leader, Commercial Operations, Technical Marketing & Area Sales teams.
• Promote digital monitoring i-service and Insight technology.
• Ensure all opportunity commercial deals meet the Company profitability expectations
• Accurately forecast to the Area Manager.
EHS & Compliance
• Work in a safe manner at all times when delivering company objectives and comply with internal, legislative and customer EHS requirements and policies.
• Act at all times in compliance with the GE Spirit and Letter policies when maintaining and developing relationships with customers.
• Employee is obliged to provide a valid driving license or training certificate before using conditioned work tool or vehicle as well as inform employer in case of document expiry promptly.
• Employee is responsible for the provided individual safety equipment, its proper safekeeping, use and daily maintenance.
• Employee is responsible for keeping discipline, order and cleanliness in his/her workplace.
• Employee is obliged to attend the required medical examination/check-up.
• Employee is obliged to report any kind of injury, sickness, potential risk of disorder, breakdown to employer promptly and expected to cooperate in preventing hazardous situation threatening life, physical safety and environment.
• Employee is obliged to acquire how to handle work-related chemicals and hazardous materials (MSDS) and apply safety rules accordingly.
• Employee is obliged to observe all safety rules even under occasional/temporary assignments and stop operation in case of direct fire, accident or environmental risk as well as prevent unauthorized access to equipment’s.
• It is the responsibility of all employees to voice concerns regarding the ability to meet customer expectations and comply with all parts of the Quality Management System.
• It is the responsibility of all employees to do their best during their work to achieve the suitable quality of our product.
Special Note Qualifications/Requirements:
This role requires significant travel which may include transport by helicopter, supply boats and private fixed wing aircraft. You may be required to work on floating and fixed oil platforms and in remote onshore locations. Candidates should be aware of the physical demands of these environments and be able too safely complete the required emergency evacuation and survival training (OPITO).
• BSc Degree, Chemistry or similar discipline, including but not limited to chemical engineering, oil production, subsea engineering, mechanical engineering, environmental engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Fluency in English
• Strong experience in Production Chemistry or related activities.
• Tools proficiency with PC skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of specialist Production Chemical software for flow assurance and asset integrity.
• Excellent organizational, communication & interpersonal skills
• Comfortable selling and presenting to medium/high levels within the Customer operation.
• Strong customer focus, sales mentality.
• Ability to negotiate successfully with Economic buyers and Procurement personnel.
• Availability to travel within assigned Area and abroad, including overnight stops and offshore / remote locations.
• Possession of a full driving license.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Proven track record of successfully developing and closing large opportunities in Upstream Production Chemicals. Locations:
• Highly agile and able to work successfully in a matrix organization.
United Kingdom; Aberdeen