Software Engineering Specialist
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:23:54 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Life Care Solutions
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are taking on the world’s biggest challenges through innovative software solutions. You will work with a group of energized and focused software professionals, systems engineers, clinical application specialists and domain experts in the areas of monitoring, visualization and mobile app development leveraging contemporary tools, technologies and development methodologies to build prognostic and diagnostic products using sensor data from smart devices.
You will be responsible for programming a feature or a feature set. You will contribute to the team and works independently on your owned features with mentoring from the Senior Team Members or management.
In this role you will:
• Have mastery of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Ability to write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance. Optimize performance to meet product needs.
• Understand core data structures and algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice.
• Deliver code for integration and support integration and verification by fixing issues/ bugs
• Read and understand code written by other teams and troubleshoot them as part of systems integration.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• 7+ years of experience progressively challenging/ broader technical roles.
• Expertise in building mobile applications on Android platform.
• Expertise in building mobile applications on Android /cross-platform mobile apps. Experience in customizing/ extending android platform.
• Aware of Methods and practices such as Lean/Agile/XP, etc. May have prior work experience in an Agile environment, or introductory training on Lean/Agile. Aware of and able to apply continuous integration (CI).
• Operates with general understanding of the impacts of technology choice to the software development life cycle.
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team.
• Displays understanding of the project’s value proposition for the customer. Shows commitment to deliver the best value proposition for the targeted customer.
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence.
• Completes assigned tasks on time and with high quality. Takes independent responsibility for assigned deliverables.
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present. Implements clean concise solutions that address the requirements at hand. Implements
• Makes transitions to the new and different. Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources.
Locations: India; Bangalore