Technical Sales Representative
- GE Power
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:24:00 PM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): Thailand; Rayong
GE has confirmed it is exploring options for selling the Water & Process Technologies business. The plan to divest the business is a strategic decision that provides an opportunity to reposition the business for growth and further invest for long-term success. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE Water has an immediate opening for a Technical Sale Engineer at its facility located in Rayong and Bangkok (occasionally)which depending on the customer requirement. In this entry-level role, the incumbent will be responsible for assigned sales activities under supervision of experienced sales professionals.
- Performs customer service and account maintenance duties for established customers.
- Assist with preparation of sales calls which would include research, proposals/contracts, summaries of sales activities and follow-up.
- Assists with generating new sales by accompanies experience sales representatives on calls to learn the business and sales approach of the organization
- Participates in gathering water samples on site and analyzes results to provide recommendations to improve quality of treatment.
- Serves as a knowledge resources to customers using GE technology to solve identified water treatment needs.
- Partners cross-functionally within organization to optimize our solutions offering.
- Supports team in meeting sales targets and is responsible for specified team goals and objectives.
- Learns and maintains awareness of all safety and environmental practices.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Chemical, Industrial, Petroleum, Petrochemical or Mechanical), Biology, or Chemistry OR Bachelors degree in any related discipline with at least 3 years of experience in Sales.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Ability to work independently.
Strong problem solving skills.
Locations: Thailand; Rayong