GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Canada works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. This is your chance to become a part of a company internationally known for its reputation as an innovative industry leader that will invest in your success and growth. GE has been recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2017. Join GE Canada and help us make a real difference creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come. For more information visit our website at www.ge.com/ca and follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/GE_Canada and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/GECanada.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. Role Summary:
This role will serve as Site Technician at Wintering Hills Site in Hussar, Alberta. Essential Responsibilities:
- Perform warranty repairs, operations and maintenances of GE wind turbine generators (WTG).
- Evaluate multiple fault records to increase mean time between failures.
- Troubleshoot circuits and operate GE control systems.
- Follow up and audit maintenance and troubleshooting activities to ensure work performed to satisfaction.
- Perform climbs of +280 feet to perform annual or semi-annual maintenances, troubleshoot, and repair failures, which may occur, and collect data.
- Analyze daily computer generated power production reports.
- Conduct electronic troubleshooting using wire and block diagram schematics.
- Maintain all computer generated service records and time sheets using Oracle software.
- Technical degree in technical discipline from an accredited institution.
- At least 2 years experience in an electrical/mechanical service industry, preferably in power generation.
- Green Belt certified (Internal GE candidates only).
- Wind turbine or rotating equipment experience.
- Hands-on and/or commissioning experience.
- You MUST possess a valid drivers license and be able to travel in the USA.
- You MUST possess an acceptable driving record.
- You MUST possess the ability to climb steel towers up to 280'.
- You MUST submit your application for employment through gecareers.com to be considered.
- You MUST be 18 years or older.
- You MUST be willing to submit to a background investigation and fit test as part of the selection process.
- If currently a GE employee, you MUST have been in your current role for at least 12 months and have at least a satisfactory performance rating.
Canada; Alberta; Hussar, Drumheller, Calgary