GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE’s Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electrification of the world’s energy infrastructure by designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today’s industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future. Serving specialized sectors such as energy, marine, oil and gas, renewables and industry, through customized solutions and advanced technologies, GE Power Conversion partners with customers to maximize efficiency. To learn more, please visit: www.gepowerconversion.com
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you! Role Summary:
The UK Assistant Controller is responsible for driving technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls and process simplification. Partnering with finance and non-finance colleagues, using operational excellence to deliver accurate financial reporting and analysis. Essential Responsibilities:
- Transition and manage the monthly and quarterly closes
processes with GOF (Global Operations Finance teams in Budapest & Shanghai) for UK
entities, Technology Ltd and UK Branches
- Ensure the quality of accounts reconciliations and Balance
Sheet analysis, to ensure the compliance and the integrity of the accounts
- Provide guidance and support to the Controllership
team in GOF to maintain an effective financial system and provide information
necessary to perform controllership responsibilities
- Establish standard operating procedures related to
processes impacting the financial statements
- Assist the accounting team with technical issues;
review and apply GE corporate requirements and US GAAP in complex areas such as
- Liaise with group appointed Auditors in the UK and
- Manage internal controls and self-assessment
- Ensure timely execution of the SOX 302 and 404
- Review processes to improve overall efficiency
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, review
and recommend changes
• A degree in accounting or finance and/or a recognised accounting qualification - ACCA/CIMA/ACA
• Proven experience in auditing, accounting or financial reporting in a large multi-national organisation
• Demonstrated proficiency of US/UK accounting & tax requirements
• Excellent communication skills - experience working across multiple levels, functions & regions
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• SAP proficiency is preferred Locations:
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously and adapt to change
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability.
United Kingdom; Rugby