TMS Upgrades Sales Manager - Saudi and Bahrain
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:24:23 PM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Solutions
Location(s): Qatar, Saudi Arabia; Dhahran, Doha
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Why join one great company when you can join many? We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use.
Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability.
We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.Learn more about GE Oil and Gas Today!
Turbomachinery Solutions (TMS) Upgrades Sales Manager position will be responsible for leading and strategically growing sales of Upgrades and Industrial Applications for Turbomachinery Solutions covering Saudi Arabia and Bahrain sub-region. Negotiate successfully the existing opportunities to meet the assigned Operating Plan of Orders and Commitment of the current year, and create a solid pipeline of opportunities for the future.
TMS Upgrades Sales Manager should develop practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals. In this role you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilize self-understanding and experience to execute business objectives, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
The Upgrades Sales Manager originates sales by positioning GE technology and identifying the best technical and commercial solution. Promote the business value proposition of GE technology. Works in close cooperation with regional sales, account sales and commercial proposal staff. Primary technical role involved in DTI (demand to inquiry): aim at increasing market penetration through technical support during pre-ITO. Candidate of that role should have the ability to:
• Execute on assigned operating plan and targets to assure that business wins profitable & productive sales of Upgrades covering the assigned sub-region of Saudi Arabia and Bahrain with potential of expanding coverage to other countries within Middle East and Turkey region.
• Provide deal team leadership for related sales through the formulation and execution of proposal strategies that capitalize on GE's competitive strengths to serve the customer's needs resulting in execution of definitive sales agreements.
• Manage the sales proposal process from opportunity identification through contract flow down to key GE organizations.
• Lead deal structuring, pricing and all other proposal development activities as the sales team's primary proposal interface with projects, platform, global operations, risk management and other functional groups as required.
• Lead deal strategy development and reviews, ultimately obtaining appropriate approvals for pricing, delivery and other commercial terms for specific sales proposals up to a successful negotiation & deal closure.
• Integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues.
• Develop customer strategies, campaign plans, and leadership in their execution.
• Integrate information, resources, and activities within the region and/or among global regions.
• Specify critical resource needs required to meet business objectives.
• Demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives.
• Understand decision making process, and develop strategies to win profitable business from those customers.
• Integrate and lead technical support team, including contracts, finance, product support, and others in implementation of customer strategies.
• Maintain knowledge of market trends, customer requirements, competitor actions and customer base.
• Maintain and cultivate a long-term and strong relationship at all levels of customer organization (Maintenance, Procurement, Engineering and Operations) within the assigned Oil & Gas Companies in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain sub-region.
• Have good vision of market dynamics, able to set priorities.
• Assist sales directors in identifying new opportunities, creating sales analysis & forecast business plans to sustain desired growth.
• Work with marketing to develop new products and services to drive the business growth based on customer needs & expectations.
• Boost growth for Upgrades and Industrial Applications of GE Oil & Gas products portfolio.
• Devise and implement fast and effective market penetration strategies while meeting customer requirements.
• Foster customer/market requirements and feed Product Leadership to support in developing commercially viable NPI's.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Engineering or equivalent.
• At least 8+ years of sales and/or commercial experience in Oil & Gas market and rotating equipment.
• Experience in the Middle East Region, and record of managing a big portfolio.
• Deep technical knowledge of a wide range of GE O&G products (Gas turbines, Centrifugal Compressors, Controls and Turboexpanders).
• Strong commercial experience in negotiation of Upgrades projects of Gas Turbines, Centrifugal Compressors, Controls and Turboexpanders.
• Strong communication and presentation skills with ability to effectively lead multi-functional team.
• Customer focused and ability to build relationship based on trust and accountability.
• Healthy business acumen and ability to lead in securing orders.
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written, fluency in both English and Arabic.
• Ability to work effectively in cross discipline and cross functional environments.
• Mobility and flexibility.
• Master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
• Experience in Oil & Gas industry, working knowledge in Saudi and/or Bahrain is preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of the industrial applications for product lines and markets.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Integrative team working style.
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certified (only for GE employees).
Locations: Qatar, Saudi Arabia; Dhahran, Doha