GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE’s Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electrification of the world’s energy infrastructure by designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today’s industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future. Serving specialized sectors such as energy, marine, oil and gas, renewables and industry, through customized solutions and advanced technologies, GE Power Conversion partners with customers to maximize efficiency. To learn more, please visit: www.gepowerconversion.com
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you! Role Summary:
To provide control and modelling expertise to the Dynamic Positioning (DP) team to further develop and continually enhance the DP product. The output from your work will be used to:
- generate control algorithms for controlling vessel movement, and
- generate simulation environments to validate the control algorithms.
- Be proactive in identifying and proposing new developments
- Support other teams such as ITO, OTR and Service
• Strong control background within the marine domain or perhaps another domain
• Proven ability to develop control models and simulations within Matlab or similar tools
• Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data to internal and external GE customers using reports, records, and letters. Communicate with stakeholders of varying levels of technical expertise.
• Support business development by presenting the technical capability of the company and the technical case for solutions offered.
• Bachelor of Science in Control Engineering, or relevant subject or equivalent knowledge and experience
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Previous experience of Dynamic Positioning Locations:
• Previous experience of modelling movement of vessels
• Previous experience of modelling power systems
• Knowledge of marine classification society rules (DNV, ABS, LR, etc.)
• Extant Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS), or the ability to obtain BPSS is desirable for some areas of work.
United Kingdom; Rugby