GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Responsible for designing, developing and testing Test Equipment software to create industrial internet products and services tailored to the needs of the GE businesses and external customers. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
Designs and programs a small module or a large component, feature, set of feature, whole feature area or entire product. Some areas of expertise may include, but is not limited to, networks, operating systems, databases or applications. May be responsible for the creation of an entire product. Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations. Works together with business leadership at SPB and EB level. Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done. Delivers products as part of a team. Works on cross functional teams. Alternatively: Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge and experience (or a high school diploma / GED with proven years of experience in Engineering).
• Some additional years of experience in Software.
The following knowledge/experience is essential for the role:
• Code Development. Proven years of extensive C++ software development experience.
• Design Patterns and with particular knowledge of Factories, Decorators, Singletons, Strategy and State.
• Experience with Configuration / Change management tools
• Debugging/fault finding.
• Working on Production solutions.
• Hardware / Software integration experience
The following are not essential but desirable for the role:
• QT development environment with knowledge of Signals and Slots
• Borland C++ builder (XE8/XE10).
• UML (Design / Class diagrams / Sequence diagrams).
• Agile methods / methodology.
• Code / Documentation review.
• Working in small to large development teams.
• Working to industry company coding standards.
• Architectural design experience.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability. Locations:
United Kingdom; Cheltenham