GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE’s Treasury team is responsible for global funding, cash and foreign exchange management, and other treasury services for all of GE's worldwide operations. Almost all of GE's debt is issued through GE Capital to support its financial services businesses. GE funds itself through the issuance of long term debt, commercial paper, CDs and bank deposits, and other debt products, as well.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
This role will support the GECo European Cash Operations, in-particular the new Oil & Gas vertical being created. This role will prepare and analyze cash flow/cash position management reports, execute intercompany financings (loans and equity related transactions) using predetermined or new funding vehicles and participate in projects that support intercompany funding (ICF) infrastructure. This role reports to the Director of European Cash Operations, based in Dublin, Ireland.
• Become a subject matter expert on the day to day responsibilities of multiple European cash desks. Manage cash positions within pre-defined tolerances - these responsibilities include: set daily cash positions for cash pools (multiple currencies; various sources) and provide forecasts to Trade Execution, Investments and Funding teams for further action. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Monitor and act on pooled and non-pooled cash pockets.
• Coordinate with businesses and treasury stakeholders on planning and execution of complex transitions.
• Extensive cross functional, cross region and bank counterparty coordination required to support these cash actions globally.
• Monitor and manage actuals vs. against forecasts; investigate variances.
• Review bank balances for all currencies; take corrective action as necessary.
• Support implementation of projects to simplify processes, improve efficiency, controllership, reduce cost and improve customer experience. Track key metrics to measure improvement
• Provide backup coverage for other cash desks in Europe, Americas and Asia-Pac for planned/unplanned absences, holiday coverage or outages.
• Perform daily cash reconciliation for all Cash Operations accounts.
• Ensure adequate and systematic reporting of process risk incidents
• Participate in system testing related to enhancements and implementation.
• Support data requirements and execution related to quarterly cash sweeps.
• Develop business forecast accuracy report card; work with businesses to improve forecast accuracy (project example).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Finance or proven years’ business experience preferably in Banking or Treasury or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics:
• Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to reference verification, and background check.
• Must be willing to work out of an office in Dublin.
• Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
• Legal authorization to work in Ireland is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Prior experience in banking or treasury operations. Locations:
• Strong organizational skills with detail orientation.
• Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, can do attitude / self-starter
• Self-Motivated team player. Ability to work on a team as well as manage or participate in projects
• Strong follow up skills to ensure tasks are being completed in the timetable established.
• Flexible timing required. May need to provide coverage to US on a routine basis. This would mean working till 8pm. Start time will accordingly be flexible.