Technical Sale Engineer (Water & Process Technologies)
- GE Power
- Posted 8/5/2017 10:13:54 AM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): Thailand; Rayong
GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE Water has an immediate opening for a Technical Sale Engineer at its facility located in Bangna, Bangkok. In this entry-level role, the incumbent will be responsible for assigned sales activities under supervision of experienced sales professionals.
- Performs customer service and account maintenance duties for established customers
- Assist with preparation of sales calls which would include research, proposals/contracts, summaries of sales activities and follow-up.
- Assists with generating new sales by accompanies experience sales representatives on calls to learn the business and sales approach of the organization.
- Participates in gathering water samples on site and analyzes results to provide recommendations to improve quality of treatment
- Serves as a knowledge resources to customers using GE technology to solve identified water treatment needs
- Partners cross-functionally within organization to optimize our solutions offering.
- Supports team in meeting sales targets and is responsible for specified team goals and objectives.
- Learns and maintains awareness of all safety and environmental practices.
- Min 3 years of experience in the water treatment field.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Chemical, Industrial, Petroleum, Petrochemical or Mechanical), Biology, or Chemistry OR Bachelors degree in any related discipline
- Ability and willingness to travel within territory.
- Overnight travel occasionally required
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and budget or expense parameters.
- Solid communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Locations: Thailand; Rayong