GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com
GE Energy Connections is helping to solve the world’s toughest energy challenges through the design of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion, and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. We offer the insight and experience that will help our customers build a brighter energy future for all of us.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog. Role Summary:
Principal responsibilities include: export compliance and customs support, export documentation creation, logistics support and execution and ownership of the overall export transaction. This role will be the business interface and point of contact to ensure compliance with all government regulations and export-import compliance - reports to the Global Customer Export Leader. Essential Responsibilities:
- Comply with all relevant export controls and regulatory requirements to fulfill documentary requirements of the importing country;
- Provide accurate shipping invoices and related export / import documents to all customers, shipping agents and other related parties;
- Coordinate and record material movements and provide proper custody and control until delivery terms have been fulfilled;
- Comply with established financial guidelines and provide for the timely execution of all transactions;
- Resolve post shipment inquiries;
- Control and improve data accuracy of logistics tracking system.
The ideal candidate has:
- College degree from an accredited university;
- Fluent English knowledge;
- Significant experience in international customer service or related field;
- Strong knowledge of US/EU export regulations and import regulations;
- Solid understanding of foreign customs and import requirements;
- In depth knowledge of ICC incoterms;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to perform under pressure in an environment of high volume transactions;
- Ability to plan, assign priorities and solve problems.
- Having a strong knowledge of the importing requirement of the Middle East countries import procedures is a plus;
- It is an advantage to have knowledge of various software applications (SAP, Tradesphere, Oracle, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.);
- Not required, preferred languages: Arabic, French;
- Green Belt certification is a plus (GE employees only).
Locations: Hungary; Budapest