Instrument Field Service Technician
- GE Power
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:25:03 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): Kuwait; Sulaibiya
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Instrument Field Service Technician, reporting directly to the Instruments Field Engineer or to the Maintenance manager in the absence of Field Engineer, is responsible for carrying out maintenance/repair activities for all instruments in UF/RO plant facility and new installations/modifications as guided by the Instruments Field Engineer.
• Carrying out all routine maintenance& repair activities for all instruments in UF/RO plant facility.
• Troubleshooting of all online process monitors and analyzer instruments.
• Analysis of faults and reporting to the Instruments Field Engineer.
• Proposing suitable modifications to enhance the reliability of the system in process.
• Calibration of all field instruments, like pH, Conductivity, Turbidity, Temperature& Pressure Transmitters, Pressure gauges, Control valves etc.,
• Executing new installations and plant modification works as guided by the Instruments Field Engineer.
• Preparing material request for maintenance/repair/modifications and validating quotations with specifications check in the absence of Instruments Field Engineer.
• Supporting warehouse responsible for spare parts inventory, material receiving/inspections& material issuing
• Record keeping of all maintenance activities performed and instrument calibration reports.
• Maintaining good housekeeping & safety follow-up in all works carried out at site.
• Coordinating with Operation Team for reduced downtime in operations due to maintenance.
• Maintaining tools by regular inspections.
• Optimal use of available resources with respect to time & cost for all jobs
• Diploma Engineer in Electrical& Electronics/Electronics& Communication/Instrumentation& Control discipline or ITI in Instrumentation
• Minimum 7 years work experience is required for Diploma Engineer and minimum 10 years work experience is required for ITI technician
• At least 5 years maintenance work experience, preferably in water & waste water treatment plant/Desalination plant/RO plant/power/petroleum/chemical or any other continuous manufacturing process industry
• Good knowledge in all types of process field instruments& process quality analyzers
• Ability to communicate better in written& spoken English.
• Good knowledge on the concept of Automation
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to repair/calibrate all online process instruments
• Knowledge on MS-OFFICE
• Ability to understand P&ID, Instrument loop diagrams and JB & control panel wiring diagram.
• Ability to work in a matrix organisation
• Ability to work in complete autonomy
• Ability to lead a team of technicians& helpers
Locations: Kuwait; Sulaibiya