About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: Skype for business will become an integral part of how GE businesses communicate to each other in relationship to Instant Messaging, Voice, and Video. As part of Digital Workplace Solutions within CoreTech the role will deliver L2 support on Skype for Business with global collaboration between L1/L3, Service owners, and operations. The role will work hand in hand with operations to identify & resolve issues directly with end users and the vendor.
Essential Responsibilities: This individual will work hand in hand with operations to identify & resolve issues directly with end users and the vendor. Based on resolution of issues this role will provide quality knowledge to the service desks on troubleshooting and/or self-help knowledge/automation.
The candidate will have to:
• Partner with Collaboration service owners on new service introductions, change, and transition to operations
o Proactively plan for upcoming changes
o Assist & own the preparation of end user support documentation and knowledge
o Inform and train all support teams on new/changed processes/services and drive operational process rigor
o Communicate critical service issues through several channels to notify all levels of support globally
• Manage and lead the enhanced service collaboration vendor & other in-house support tech team
o Ensure SLAs and ensure availability requirements are met or exceeded
o Ensure support team readiness and availability
o Effectively manage escalations to resolution
o Create and utilize dashboard metrics to communicate the services’ performance and financials to stakeholders
o Drive a higher level of customer satisfaction by improving support team quality, knowledge, and training.
• Support quality initiatives for continuous service improvement & optimization
o Partner with vendors and L1/L2/L3 teams to deliver quality services o Lead efforts to improve and simplify End-User experience by reducing the volume of tickets, reducing touch points, improve accountability, and driving the usage of the self-service tools and other programs such as “shift left” within the Collaboration space.
• Manage and drive relationship with suppliers reviewing innovative ideas and improving resolution, by reducing the need to escalate to vendors
• Collaborate on planning, initiation, and management of key Service Management-oriented projects for Global Client Services
• Investigate the possibilities of automation for self-service of end user support.
• Partner with product teams to plan and test automation solutions
• Maintain current support and service levels for Cisco products such as Jabber/Webex/Collaboration Meeting room until transitioned to be fully Skype for Business.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other technical discipline
• Very strong experience in IT service delivery
• Vendor & Supplier Management experience
• Strong experience working with Skype for Business/Lync in coordination with Microsoft O365 and other versions of Microsoft
• Understanding of Microsoft network environment (on-premise, online, hybrid, express route)
• Strong experience working with Network, Telepresence/Video Bridging, Voice and Video, VOIP, Instant Message/Presence technologies globally
• Experience in an team operational leadership role
• Managing IT Projects in a global matrixed organization
• Excellent analytical problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Customer service oriented
• Must work out of a GE office
Desired Characteristics: • Spanish & French Language skills a plus
• Excellent communications skills and customer empathy
• Experience working in a Global atmosphere.
• Knowledge and experience with Service Now
• Ability to work both autonomously and in constant collaboration with product owners, operations, and end users.
• Knowledge and experience with working for Skype for Business/Lync in coordination with the MSFT O365 and other versions of Microsoft.
• Project Management (PMP) certification a plus
• Demonstrated ability to drive results in a dynamic, and fast pace environment
• Drives change initiatives & strategies
• Experience with Powershell software a plus, but not required
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.