Project Manager - After Sales
- GE Energy Connections
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:25:43 PM
- Job Function: Project Management
- Business Segment: Energy Connections Grid Solutions
Location(s): United Kingdom; Stafford
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more
information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for project delivery, profit & loss accountability, and customer satisfaction through management of project related activities and resources.
• Integrating the project from the initial stages
• Establishing project budgets, time scales and identifying the required level of resources to complete
• Scope management of projects, ensuring all deliverables are being covered, interfaces are understood and that the project does not creep
• Monitoring current workloads to ensure that deadlines are realistic and the project is to be delivered in time with the programme
• Managing financials to make sure that projects are delivered to cost, improving all margin opportunities, re-estimating costs and identifying areas of cost increases or reductions
• Liaising with Human Resources to allow the correct level or resources are available and any necessary support is provided
• Understanding the full contract and that it is executed correctly, plus carrying out clause-by-clause analysis
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline - Advanced degree preferred or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Proven success in a project management role, having managed complex melt-supplier programmes in multi-disciplinary teams
• Knowledge of business processes and functions within a T&D or similar environment
• Ability to effectively direct and motivate multi-disciplinary teams, with strong communication skills
• Fluency in English is essential, any additional languages are advantageous
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
• Established project management skills.
Locations: United Kingdom; Stafford