About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: As a Software Engineer for the Lunar DXA group in GE Healthcare, you will be a team member of the new product development team working on products used by physicians to assess skeletal health and body composition. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the design, architecture, and development of innovative technological solutions for a market leading product line in the field of dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry.
You will be responsible for programing a feature and or a small feature set. You will contribute to the team and works with direction from the Senior Team Members or management but works independently.
1. Working closely with hardware, systems, application, marketing, service, clinical teams and customers in requirements gathering and systems design
2. Designing robust system architectures that align with multi-generational software framework and allows future product expansion
3. Designing and building strong system designs and software implementations following agile development processes
4. Leveraging Software Development Lifecyle processes, Technical Design Reviews, Code Reviews, and rigorous software verification methodologies to drive reliability into the product development lifecycle
5. Interacting with global teams across GE Healthcare to maximize synergies across common software and hardware platforms
6. Designing and implementing algorithms that address clinical needs
7. Driving innovative solutions focused on customer excellence
8. Generating test procedures and running verification test scripts
Qualifications/Requirements: Basic Qualifications: • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) • A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in object oriented design methodology, software platforms, user-interface design and/or systems engineering, and experience in Microsoft Windows programming using C++, MFC, COM, XML, and OLE DB
Desired Characteristics: Desired Characteristics: Technical Expertise: 1. Knowledge of Multi-threading programming 2. Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio 3. Experience with Microsoft Windows technologies and Windows architecture 4. Experience with security and privacy software engineering practices 5. Working knowledge of Windows installer tools such as InstallShield 6. Experience with automated software testing tools 7. Strong debugging, documentation and troubleshooting skills
Leadership: 1. Strong abilities to work in a team environment 2. Solid written and verbal communication skills 3. Ability to be self-driven, a quick learner and detail oriented
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.