- GE Healthcare
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:25:47 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Life Care Solutions
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Systems Engineer for the Maternal Infant Care segment has the design responsibility to maintain feature functionality, initial design intent, product quality, reliability, serviceability, manufacturability, regulatory, compliance, and cost. The Systems Engineer is also responsible for resolving complex mechanical/electrical design issues using creative and innovative approaches, DFSS, tolerance loop analysis and other means.
Activities include delivering technical guidance to the IB team, ensuring traceability and flow down of requirements, system design and analysis, requirements definition, FMEA, and developing System Verification and Validation test procedures.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Providing domain expertise and serve as the main integrator between the IB and NPI functions to deliver the best high quality product
• Provide input to NPI and VCP teams on critical field quality issues to ensure the next generation of products are robust enough for today’s market
• Developing methods to quantify subsystem interactions and their effects on product performance
• Developing specifications to ensure higher quality products
• Leading engineering design team in technical design reviews and design test strategy definition, technical risk analysis, and IB defect assessments.
• Driving installed base process simplification to enable more efficient and consistent program/project execution
• Actively resolving complex technical design failures including root cause analysis, design enhancement proposal, verification test planning, and execution of design improvements
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
5. Lead continuous product improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
6. Knowledge and understanding of GEHC Design Controls Procedures and operates within them in managing programs that control the design of the device in order to ensure that specified design requirements are met (adjust for band level of role)
• Must have a Bachelor’s degreeor equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering, or closely related field, and 6+ years of related experience, including project leadership and design responsibilities
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• Proven ability to develop timely and effective solutions for challenging design problems
1. Master’s degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or other closely related fields
2. 10+ years of experience in mechanical/electrical engineering in the healthcare field.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
4. Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
5. Demonstrated problem solving ability and results orientation
6. Applied knowledge of Lean/Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and Design for Reliability (DFR)
Locations: India; Bangalore