GE is the world’s largest Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This position is in the Data Science & Analytics team that is part of the Digital Services and Solutions organization in GE Aviation Digital. Role Summary:
Think. What if you could optimize the way airlines operate? What if you could decide who works when and where? What if you need to update your optimal solution, in minutes, due to a pilot calling in sick?
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about data and want to develop leading edge algorithms and theoretical approaches to solve optimization problems.
If you are an expert on operations research, computational complexity theory and search problems & algorithms this work is for you. Essential Responsibilities:
- Define, develop and test an optimization algorithm based on client’s needs.
- Try new techniques to improve the optimization complexity and running time.
- Prepare and present the technical material during the technical reviews.
- Maintain direct communication with multiple teams, such as GE Flight Efficiency Services.
- Coach and mentor others in the analysis, design, test and/or integration required to define and support the implementation and validation of the optimization algorithms that meet business needs.
- Lead the solution of complex technical problems.
- Assure that proper documentation of technical data is generated to substantiate the assigned projects.
- Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments.
- Review other person’s deliverables and provide status of the team to key stakeholders as needed.
- Define technical schedule, cost and/or program requirements.
- Effectively communicate and provide recommendations to internal and external GE customers through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data.
- Interface with external organizations and supporting functions, and direct/coordinate the efforts of project team members to accomplish overall goals.
- Support team’s technical proficiency and growth.
- BS degree plus 6 years of experience or Master’s degree plus 4 years of experience or PhD degree plus 2 years of experience.
- Degree must be in:
- Computer Science Engineering (or related fields)
- Physics Engineering / Applied Mathematics
- Programming skills in any of C/C++/C#
- Proficient to advanced level in operational research (linear programming, eg. Simplex algorithm)
- Proficient in the use of any of CPLEX, Dash, Gurobi or GLPK
- Proficient to advanced level in computational complexity theory (you should be able to give the O value of an algorithm)
- Understanding of Machine Learning techniques
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
- Able to legally work in Mexico. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future for this job
- Knowledge/Experience on airlines operations
- Experience in prototyping solutions for complex problems
- Experience in Data Mining techniques and Machine Learning algorithms