GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life Sciences Role Summary:
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The Legal Counsel within GE Life Sciences Core Imaging (LSCI) will primarily be responsible for providing proactive legal and compliance advice, guidance and counsel to members of the LSCI teams in the Europe and EGM regions. Working directly for Senior Legal Counsel for Europe and EGM and with a reporting line to the global Life Sciences General Counsel and GE Healthcare’s Europe General Counsel. Essential Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• The role holder will be responsible for assisting in driving key projects across the Europe and EGM regions. These projects will be critical for ensuring that our business deals are commercially sound and legally compliant.
• Work with the business teams as a business partner to identify opportunities to drive the business forward, e.g. to develop legal processes / templates for new business, commercial models and clinical studies;
• Driving region-wide high profile projects to further the commercial success of the business;
• Drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts, including contracts for the supply of goods and services, pharmaceutical product licenses, distribution agreements, manufacturing agreements, CRO and similar agreements;
• Providing the business with high quality legal advice in relation to regulatory, privacy, antitrust and advertising/promotional matters;
• Providing advice in conjunction with the other specialist areas in GE Healthcare (such as Regulatory, Medical, Quality Assurance, Finance, and Compliance);
• Analyzing legal and commercial risk and effectively advising relevant leadership teams on how to manage such risks;
• Providing high quality legal advice and support to business development in relation to strategic corporate acquisitions and licenses, as well as assisting in the integration of newly acquired businesses;
• Managing outside counsel, when brought in to assist;
• Managing/ supporting the management of disputes and litigation;
• Monitor legal developments in the area;
• Applying combined business and legal judgment to proposed deals, relationships and other issues requiring legal or compliance attention;
• Pro-actively assess the risk profile and develop appropriate measures to address and mitigate the identified risks;
• Champion a culture of compliance excellence and rigor through execution of compliance review boards and delivery of compliance training.
• Graduate and Qualified Lawyer (ideally within UK jurisdiction)
• Extensive European business law experience at a large, international law firm or legal department, including previous experience of drafting, negotiating and closing complex business transactions (i.e. purchase, sale and distribution agreements).
• Essential experience in the pharmaceutical industry and previous exposure to medical industry regulations. Additional experience in either the research sector or medical devices would be advantageous.
• Previous experience in identifying and resolving legal issues quickly and effectively and ability to make on the spot risk calls.
• Previous experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills, ability to prioritize and work across multi-jurisdictions, able to translate legal concepts into practical business solutions and influence key decision–makers.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Demonstrated experience providing legal advice in a highly regulated European environment. Locations:
• Member in good standing with local bar.
United Kingdom; Chalfont St Giles, Amersham