GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a fullstream company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The Quality Leader will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the GEIT product line at the site, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
This is a permanent role based in GE Sensing EMEA, Shannon.
• Ensure that the relevant Quality Management System (QMS) is actively maintained / updated to drive measurable continuous improvement, add value, and enable growth for the product line. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Maintain ISO certifications and/or other product-specific certifications
• Establish, monitor, and drive improvements for the product line quality goals including: audit program, corrective action (CA) system, customer issue resolution (CIR) cases, net promoter score (NPS), cost of quality (COQ), continuous improvement (CI), and other relevant metrics for the product line.
• Provide technical Quality Engineering leadership to the product line to ensure the highest levels of product quality, process, and systems integrity for the customer.
• Act as continuous improvement leader for designated product line.
• Coordinate with global sister sites to drive product quality improvement.
• Analyze and monitor e-NCR, RMA, CIR, etc. data to identify trends. Partner with product line leadership team (GSC, PL, technology, etc.) to determine projects to drive improvements.
• Lead/support investigation of potential stop work scenarios, determine appropriate next steps, and lead problem resolution.
• Host external and internal quality audits and support customer meetings as needed.
• Support key NPI programs from a quality perspective.
• Obtain Internal Auditor & Root Cause Analysis Leader certification.
• Serve as the lead person for product related quality issues that arise during the development and production of products.
• Work collaboratively with the Supplier Quality Engineer, ensuring that all critical supplier issues are resolved in a timely manner, with corrective actions implemented.
• Fully competent in the application of quality tools and techniques.
• Coach and mentor others within the product line from a Quality perspective.
• Lead complex projects within own function with significant involvement in cross functional or global projects.
• Lead activities related to transfer of products into the operations from a quality perspective.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (mechanical preferred) from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge and experience Desired Characteristics:
• Proven years’ experience with and knowledge of Quality Management Systems, including ISO 9001 and other relevant standards
• Some years’ experience working in manufacturing environment
• Customer advocate—drives for prompt and effective resolution of customer issues
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification Locations:
• Highly motivated with the ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities with strong project management skills
• Change agent – proven ability to effectively lead change within a fast-paced, matrix/cross-functional environment
• Experience in solving urgent customer issues
• Strong analytical and statistical problem-solving skills
• Training and experience with quality methods and tools: root cause analysis, statistical tools, MSA, DOE, six sigma, quality auditing, continuous improvement, design quality tools (FMEA, Poka-yoke), NPI, and document control
• Previous experience as a manufacturing engineer, process engineer, and/or quality engineer desirable
• Strong oral and written communication skills