Specialist 2 - IT Engineer - Software
- GE Power
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:26:02 PM
- Job Function: Information Technology
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This position will be actively involved in the deployment of GE Power optimization software solution for power plants delivering reduced emissions, improved operating efficiency and reliability in real time. This is a key role working directly with customers to improve operations and deliver outcomes. It brings together industrial process knowledge, complex analytics and the power of software to optimize systems.
• Participate in the establishment of technical objectives, work plans and schedules for projects
• Manage customer relationship, maintain regular customer contact and manage expectations
• Interface with third-party vendors for key tasks in the project plan
• Work with the project team to execute key project steps:
o Develop/Deploy and Tune AI solutions for the customer
o Conduct post installation benefits analysis
o Achieve successful project closeout
o Provide operator/engineer training on the use of the system
o Create software documentation (User Manual/User Guide)
o Meet project deadlines and ensure quality
o Issue regular progress reports to project team
o Provide customer support as needed
o Deliver solutions within the scope of the Maintenance Agreements
o Work with the broader GE project team to coordinate efforts
o Provide technical support to the commercial teams and sales process
o Provide feedback to the Product Line and Development teams for product improvement
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Bangalore, India.
• Experience with the Power Industry
• Demonstrated ability to proactively identify issues and independently develop solutions
• Initiative and self-confidence
• Team player
• Presence and self-assurance
• Proven ability to write clear, concise requirements, and design documents
• Strong spoken and written English language skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical/Controls Engineering, or comparable engineering discipline from an accredited university or college
• Advanced degrees (ME, EE or ChE) from an accredited university or college
• Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills; ability to convey technical concepts to audiences ranging from technicians to plant managers
• Operating experience in power plants, preferably on boilers
• Experience with Distributed Control Systems, preferably those common in power plants (e.g. ABB/Bailey, Emerson, Invensys, etc.)
• Familiarity with data communication protocols such as OPC
• Modeling experience with industrial systems
• Experience applying neural networks to industrial processes
• Familiarity with computer hardware & Windows-based software
• Experience/familiarity with industrial process control systems
• Proactively makes or recommends decisions based on in-depth analysis; Able to define critical problems to be solved; Identifies data sources required to execute analytic; With guidance from manager, able to select and conduct advanced analytic techniques; Uses a formal process to present findings and recommend specific actions that relate to business objectives; Proposes alternative business strategies as appropriate.
• Ability to serve as a trusted technical advisor to maximize customer outcomes using out-of-box capabilities from our offerings and demonstrate a pragmatic capability to identify specific gaps to be filled via product roadmap or service tailoring. Develops strategy to leverage existing customer infrastructure and investments to streamline solution deployments both upstream and downstream. Possesses proven ability to deploy in both on premise and cloud based environments.
• Can follow processes without assistance. Recognizes variations to the process and works to resolve independently. Can adapt to gaps or exceptions to the processes and adjust accordingly.
• Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve intermediate to advanced issues. Can isolate highly complex scenarios down to actionable items and drive solutions across disparate functions. Coaches others on troubleshooting and problem solving techniques.
• Analyzes and calculates with the customer/ economic decision maker GE's ability to provide economic value to the customer's process and financial story. Develops plans and identifies metrics to measure GE impact to customer's bottom line, clearly articulating the GE value proposition.
Locations: India; Bangalore