Engineer - Systems Architecture and Design
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:26:10 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
Location(s): India; Pune
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Engineer – Mechanical & Packaging, will participate in engineering and designing mechanical and packaged systems for interface to existing steam, hydro, compressor and gas turbine equipment and existing generator equipment as part of overall controls conversions, modifications, and upgrades. Responsible for Quality of design standards and shall incorporate feedback into design process. Drive Cost and Quality improvement projects such as Direct Material Productivity, Design Quality.
In the role of Mechanical & Packaged Systems Platform Engineer, you will:
• Apply knowledge of manufacturing practices and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) to produce high-quality and cost-effective mechanical and packaged systems designs using 3-dimensional solid modeling and 2-dimensional computer aided design (CAD) software
• Understand Instrumentation, Electrical and Mechanical requirements for cabinet design for applications teams such as GT, ST, Excitation, DCS and compressor controls design; Translating them into a complete set of detail technical drawing templates and documentation required for OTR use in project submission and manufacturing
• Coordinating with Design, Manufacturing & Sourcing departments to improve component design and assembly as required for localization efforts. Drive Variable cost productivity (VCP) initiatives without compromise on quality or design integrity.
• Be responsible for creation and maintenance of material masters and bills of material in the business information system (SAP)
• Participate as a key member in the Cabinet execution Leadership (Supply Chain Leader, Assembly Leader, Test Leader)
• Collaborates with equipment suppliers/vendors and customers to obtain the necessary information needed for design completion. Interacts with customers on a limited basis to secure scope and design intent on new standards.
• Ensure compliance with internal and industry technical regulations, standards, and other regulatory requirements
• Develop product test specification procedures, product technical manuals, and training courses
• Support ITO and sales team with proper feedback on execution and manufacturing costs
• Develop instructions for product installation and commissioning for field services
• Provide customer support related to products
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline from an accredited university or college with 1+ year experience.
• Proficient with Inventor & AutoCAD Electrical Unigraphics, solid works or similar solid model design software. General knowledge of mechanical and electrical system design. Understanding and knowledge of applicable codes.
• Ability and willingness to travel, domestic and international up to 20% of the time, as required
We are flexible with the location as Pune or Hyderabad for this role. The candidates should be Ok with either of these location.
• Ability to apply mechanical engineering principles to analyze, design and troubleshoot mechanical systems associated with control system retrofits for steam, gas and hydro turbines
• Turbine-generator/power plant operation/service/installation knowledge/experience
• Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) graduate
• Knowledge of IEC, ISA, Shell Design/Eng. Standards, CSA, ATEX, CE, and HSE/Hazop experience
• Knowledge of ACAD tools, scripting and product structuring methods
• Familiarity with use of Finite Element Analysis using ANSYS and/or SDRC I-Deas
• Field engineering experience with turbine mechanical retrofits a strong plus
• Familiar with Drafting Standards and usage
• Knowledge of SAP tools for BOM and document management
• Knowledge of machining practices, GD&T ,design for manufacturability and lean manufacturing
• Experience with proposal generation and market level pricing for turbine retrofit opportunities
• Familiarity with ISO / quality processes
• Superior analytical skills, with strong desire to improve processes and performance
• Ability to work effectively within all levels of the organization and customers
• Knowledge of hydraulic systems design
• Strong communication and project leadership skills with ability to clearly communicate issues and resolution to both a technical and non-technical audience
• Strong customer service focus and desire for continual improvement
• Strong quality awareness and ability to identify future failures, defects and problems
• Strong team player with structured work methods and analytical skills
• Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt Certification or equivalent quality certification – GE employees only
• Proficiency in the following additional software applications / platforms:
Visual Basic, Excel Macros
Platforms including Microsoft Windows and UNIX
Locations: India; Pune