GE (NYSE: GE) is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store," through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry. www.ge.com
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world. We are an $18 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare. Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do! At work for a healthier world. Learn More About Careers at GE Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
You will be responsible to drive GE Healthcare Life Sciences consumables business within a specified geographic area within the Netherlands to our biotech, academic, pharma and industrial customers. Success in the role requires very active promotion of products and solutions in the field to the end-users. As sales takes place mostly via our distribution partners excellent skills and experience to support and motivate our partners is required. Essential Responsibilities:
• Achieve sales targets and customer satisfaction in assigned area
• Create end user demand for both direct and indirect customers and spend at least 70% of time in the field
• Motivate, encourage and support distributors to promote GE Healthcare Life Sciences consumables
• Sales negotiation and deal closure, interfacing with all key buying influencers such as direct users and decision makers
• Promote solution selling by combining all relevant consumables in the customer workflow and find leads for related instruments
• Develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge of GE and competitive products.
• Actively use CRM system (Salesforce.com) to ensure transparency and total customer management
• Degree (or equivalent knowledge) and experience from the field of Life Science
• Consultative sales experience
• Willingness to travel within your specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays
• Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite products
• Valid driving license
• Fluent in English with good knowledge of both written and verbal English
• Knowledge and experience in the field of filtration, protein and nucleic acid sample preparation, protein purification and characterization e.g. Western blotting is a benefit.
• Experience in working with distributors
• Robust interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Demonstrated ability to analyze customer data and develop financially sound sales solutions
• Strong communication skills and ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages
• Demonstrated ability for prioritization and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously Locations: