GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
GE Healthcare Ireland Ltd. manufactures & distributes X-ray & MRI Contrast Media to internal & external customers world wide. In 2016, our production volume was ca 27.7 mill units (vials) & supported turnover across the Supply chain of ~USD 500M. The plant has ~600 employees. This role is responsible for leading the critical analysis & understanding of all manufacturing information including capital expenditure & project spend & plays a role in the overall management accounting of the plant.
• As a member of the Cork Operation Finance team, take part in defining annual plans and targets, making operational decisions and monitoring the performance of the plant.
• Support/Assist the finance manager with monthly & quarterly reporting.
• Partner with other departments (such as Operations, Engineering & Planning) to drive key business initiatives to drive productivity.
• Manage & co-ordinate Cork’s Capital expenditure (CAPEX). Provide financial expertise and insight to these processes and & link financials between operations & finance assumptions.
• Assist in the preparation of project business cases for review.
• Support/assist the finance manager in preparing site presentations/pitches for OP plan, visitors etc.
• Ensure that an effective control environment is maintained, and improved where appropriate. Monitor adherence to applicable finance and non-finance laws and regulations and act swiftly and decisively to rectify any deviations.
• To maintain the integrity of related financial reporting systems and processes, and strive for continuous improvements and simplification. In particular, drive efficiencies in processes through enhanced use of SAP & Oracle Hyperion
• Trouble shoot issues as deemed appropriate by the Finance Manager.
• Accountancy Qualification with a recognized Accountancy Body such as CIMA, ACCA, ACA etc. or equivalent knowledge and experience Locations:
• Proven experience in an Accounting Role, preferably in a Multi-National Organization
• Experience of working within a manufacturing company or with a manufacturing client
• Experience in use of integrated software systems (SAP/Oracle Hyperion experience a strong desirable).
• Desire to challenge existing practices and seek continuous improvement.
• Ability to communicate effectively in the organization within and outside the finance “community”; also ability to communicate credibly externally with auditors etc.