Legal Counsel - Commercial
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:26:24 PM
- Job Function: Legal
- Business Segment: Healthcare Global Law & Policy
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
To administer and resolve legal issues and provide day to day corporate business law and Labour law counseling.
1. Hands on experience on litigations
2. The resource shall assist the reporting manager in and structure, draft, negotiate and advise on a wide range of matters from standard commercial contracts, to complex, high value transactions and cutting-edge business initiatives; provides day-to-day corporate and business law counseling; administers and resolves legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships; provides legal review of advertisements, promotions and marketing; and legal review of procedural and government compliance issues. The job also includes the managing of all litigations that the company and its businesses will be involved in & maintain the database on the litigations.
3. The resource will also work with the reporting manager on legal practice standards initiative, and on planning and executing department processes, improvements and training, digitizing of the same.
4. Throughout all the above tasks the resource will closely coordinate with the regional legal resources/ external counsel & working closely on labour matters with the HR too.
1. 5 to 7 years of experience. LLB graduate; good to have LLM.
Ability to deal with and advise on a range of corporate and business laws, especially in commercial transaction, labour and intellectual property (esp. copyright and trademark);
2. Experience and strong skills in drafting and negotiating contracts.
3. Experience in analyzing and responding to regulatory and compliance matters.
4. Ability to analyze and assess business processes, spot issues and propose/implement solutions.
5. Ability to function autonomously yet communicates laterally and upwardly with ease.
6. Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and coordinate complex issues and projects with diverse levels of management and employees.
1. Experience of the Healthcare industry and previous exposure to medical industry regulations
2. Demonstrated experience providing legal advice in a highly regulated environment
Locations: India; Bangalore