Project Manager, Installations
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:26:24 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): Malaysia, Viet Nam; Hanoi , Ho Chi Minh, Kuala Lumpur
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The primary project leader is to provide first class customer experience and serves as the primary liaison between GE Healthcare and the customer when managing wing-to-wing project management (PM) of GE Healthcare products. The PMI provide coordination of GE resources and contractors, which includes site analysis and preparation tasks, product shipping logistics, installation, training, and GoLive scheduling for GE products and equipment.
This role is primarily responsible for driving the execution of projects, in a timely manner and in accordance with pre-defined goals and standards. This role is responsible for assessing and accurately monitoring key dates from requirement definitions to site management readiness, delivery, installation and clinical application. It will coordinate the service field team until handover, ensures compliance with contractual requirements and local regulations.
The Project Manager for Installation is responsible for independent client presentations, training, testing and live date activities for one or more customer accounts, accomplishing these responsibilities with a high degree of independence.
Key tasks include (but are not limited to):
• Responsible GE Healthcare projects implementations, ensuring that siting requirements for compliance and safety are clearly communicated to customers; the preparation of the installation & installations are completed in a timely and quality manner in accordance with defined goals and milestones
• Provide GE Healthcare leadership during site preparation: Provide support to customers with site preparation and project management expertise; manage contractors whenever required, establish scope of work and project plan for the project, deliver high quality site planning documents and drawings to customers; select options in a timely manner, monitor and communicate project management key dates via project management systems; Communicate site readiness risks a timely manner.
• Organize on site equipment delivery to final equipment location; be able to clearly establish projects requirements, risks and potential bottlenecks to delivery and raise alerts when required.
• Ensure installation quality to our customers: identify and plan the needed resources; provide directions for subcontractors; service field team and clinical applications specialists; monitor and communicate delivery; installations and applications key dates for recording in the project management systems.
• Discuss GE Healthcare products and provide industry relevant examples with clients and other team members as well as understand and communicate the clients’ needs.
• Support Sales and Commercial Effort: by working closely with pre-sales team, assisting in obtaining quotes for site preparation and mitigate potential project roadblocks at tender submission stage.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
4. Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, majoring in at least one of the following field: Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Civil Engineering or related field.
2. Minimum of 5 year experience in related field/industry. Knowledge of Workflow in a Physician Practice, Hospital or Clinic environment
3. 5 years-experience in project management with strong track records is required.
4. Good knowledge of Healthcare Diagnostic Imaging projects with direct exposure to local regulations for medical equipment and technical analytical skills are required.
5. Knowledge of AutoCad or other Designing tool.
6. Proven leadership in handling tasks, mentoring and motivating team
7. Have demonstrated s/he is able to work well within a team and develop effective working relationship with all level of a client organization, general contractors and installation team members.
8. The PMI is able to act highly independently and make use of common sense and sound decision-making; the ideal candidate is able to handle a high level of composure and professionalism.
9. Must Be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
10. Skilled expertise with Microsoft Office Products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project.
11. Must be able to travel 60%+ and above in the country. Travel out of the country may be required on punctual base
12. Fluent (oral and written) in English.
1. Must be able to independently lead a customer through all aspects of Implementation Design; this includes ability to engage and translate technical requirements.
2. Person with either Physician Practice, Hospital/Clinic administration background / experience or construction background or experience installing patient financial or patient access software will be preferred..
3. Knowledge of civil works, building trade – any experience in construction industry is welcome
4. Previous business consulting experience.
5. Professional Certification is a plus
Locations: Malaysia, Viet Nam; Hanoi , Ho Chi Minh, Kuala Lumpur