Sr Data & Information Architect
- GE Digital
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:26:26 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Technology
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This role will be a member of the BI Data and Analytics Team as an architect Development Leader for the BI database technologies
1. Develop deep expertise using the BI Database technologies in use at GE Transportation including such as Oracle and Greenplum databases as well as Big Data technologies via training, working with the existing development teams and exploring various self-help methods of learning.
2. Define and enhance solution architecture, platform architecture and data architecture frameworks, standards and guidelines
3. Partner with GE business units and develop architecture roadmap and strategy.
4. Document designs and changes to database objects needed by Database Specialists to create new database objects or make the changes needed to provide the solution required.
5. Follow the formal ITIL processes for Incidents, Problems, Change Requests, and Service Requests, ensure those processes are documented and that IT teams and business users are following those processes for Database needs.
6. Provide knowledge transfer to the RTS teams to move new database code under their support model and processes.
7. Assist the BI Architecture Program Manager and Lead Database Architect with projects to install, upgrade and patch the BI Database tools.
8. Maintain the Core BI Team Support Central site and libraries for Database tools.
9. Design and Implement different database optimization techniques.
10. Primary role in recent positions can be as a Lead Data/Big Data Engineer
11. Ability to leverage data assets to respond to complex questions that require timely answers
12. Develop talent management strategy and hiring roadmap for architecture team.
13. Collaborate with Analytics leaders and develop innovative frameworks to deliver next generation analytics and BI solutions.
14. Responsible for managing budget, estimates for architecture team
• Bachelor’s Degree (or 4 years’ equivalent work experience)
• Minimum 7+ years of Information Technology experience
• Minimum 5+ years of BI technology experience
• Must have superior communication skills - both oral and written
• Must be able to function productively in an agile environment
• Experience managing Oracle and Greenplum.
• Understanding of BI Database technologies (such as Oracle, Big Data tools and SQL)
• Experience using Hadoop ecosystem, Map-Reduce, Hive, Spark, NoSQL (HBase, MongoDB etc.), Cassandra is preferred
• Knowledge of data partitioning schemes for performance tuning and efficiencies.
• Ability to interpret output of DBA tools such as AWR, ASH or equivalent to assess health of databases and aid in troubleshooting and performance tuning activities.
• Experience using Scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, etc.) is preferred
Experience working on Databases (Greenplum, Oracle etc.)
• General understanding of other BI technologies such as Reporting and Data Integration tools.
• Awareness of new BI industry concepts/technologies such as Big Data
• Awareness of ITIL or similar IT processes
• Ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• A quick learner – able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed
• Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
• Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt Certification a plus
Locations: India; Bangalore