Sales Application Engineer - Turbine Controls / DCS
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:26:27 PM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Regions
Location(s): Algeria, Saudi Arabia; Algiers
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Accelerate your career as Sales Application Engineer for Turbine controls, DCS, Cyber Secuirty, Controls upgrade for fast growing Measurement and Controls business in Oil & Gas. This position offers those with a strong technical background in Power Generation and Mk*V / Mk*VI turbine Controls upgrade and BOP DCS Controls a chance to enhance your technical / commercial skills and work with the region sales team to develop a complete technical and commercial solution for our customers
Review and influence customer specifications to assure compliance and/or noted exceptions for development of equipment and
- Site survey, collect data for the existing system, Provide presentation to the customer input
- Evaluate competitor’s product range strength and witness
- Proposal generation, delivery and presentation to customers.
- Generate pricing and cost structure.
- Proposal quality, timeliness and accuracy are key measurement criteria for this position.
- Works with third-party and GE internal sub-suppliers to obtain quotations for extended scope.
- Conduct technical presentations to all levels of customer organization.
- Contribute to and leverage existing technical library of source materials related to industry applications, system
configurations/hardware, design standards, etc. to provide timely technical information.
- Manage and negotiate commercial and contractual risk within the Inquiry to Order (ITO) process
- Contribute to individual deal strategies to drive both price and hit rate.
- Provide technical support to execution teams to ensure successful projects.
- Contribute positively to regional sales, orders, profitability, and ITO quality goals
- Works closely with sales team to develop opportunities, formulate and present GE solution to customers and close deals.
- Manages project handover from ITO (inquiry-to-order) phase to OTR (order-to-remittance) phase handover
- Participates in team activities to establish regional business network of partnerships, alliances and integrator / distributor / reseller
Engineering degree, Instrumentation & Controls, Mechnical or Electrcal/Electronics preferred
Minimum 10 year’s experience in application/engineering / Services of Controls
20 to 30% travel required for short customer meetings and opportunity development
Effective technical knowledge on GE DCS and Non GE DCS Architecture, control configuration , Hardware product details, interfaces
· Effective written and oral communication skills
- Fair knowledge on the field of BOP controls for coal fired / Combined cycle Power plant,
- Effective use of Personal Computer Technologies
- Creative solution and problem solving skills
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability
Commercial and contractual expertise.\\
Field service experience or Application Engineering or Engineering experience of 10 years or more in power plant,
Experience in developing and writing specifications and/or proposals.
GE Mk*V / Mk*VI control system for Turbine controls, excitation system;
Person with high energy and passion for position
Locations: Algeria, Saudi Arabia; Algiers