Lead Engineer - Controls Engineering
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:26:29 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
Location(s): India; Pune
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Facilitate a “wing-to-wing” approach for our gas turbine control system retrofit market by developing GT controls solutions, defining engineering execution processes and tools for lean project execution, implementing new product features for improvement or new regulatory requirements, providing technical support for field service engineering, sales and commercial tools. Working closely with Senior Engineers to ensure best technical practices are applied
This position requires an individual that challenge our current way of supporting technical issues at the equipment controls level by expanding our capabilities into every aspect of a Gas Turbine controls. You will leverage prior experience and knowledge to invent new ways for technically supporting our customers by having access to state of the art digital tools and software. Responsibilities will include the following;
• Respond to internal and external customer requests for technical issue resolution relating to gas turbines using technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, procedures.
• Lead execution of projects for Gas turbine controls software.
• Leads GT controls project, optimize the efforts increase quality and execute short cycle controls projects.
• Lead operational feedback and lessons learned from internal and external customers. Incorporate into design engineering and ensure continuous improvement.
• Apply knowledge of industry practices and international standards to produce high-quality and cost effective designs
• Lead and program manage root cause analysis/investigation activities for product technical issues.
• Drive and lead Engineering related issue resolution with Quality and integrity.
• Work closely with other functions in the team to develop opportunities, formulate and present GE solutions to customers
• Focus on eliminating repetetive product issues
• Lead and drive product cost reduction initiatives
• Develop and maintain customer projects technical documentation
• Support unplanned/forced outages to meet availability and reliability goals.
• Demonstrated strong project management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Support streamlining of engineering processes and business growth
• Some travel may be required
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, instrumentation or similar Engineering field
• 8+ years’ experience in Gas turbine controls design/maintenance/Commissioning.
• Must be willing to work off hours and weekends to support emergency site issue resolution.
• Knowledge in the use of GE control systems (Mark VI/VIe, Nexus) and applications
• Speedtronic Mark IV / V / VI / VIe system programming and system design
• Knowledge of turbine, generator and auxiliary equipment including their interfaces to the control system.
• Preferable experience on gas turbines GE Frame 3, 5, 6, 6FA, 9 and 9FA and DLN units controls.
• Solid mentoring skills and willingness to train less experienced team members
• Familiarity with non-GE Gas turbines or non-GE control systems
• Experience in developing and debugging functional block based and / or ladder-logic and programming with HMI interfaces
• Knowledge of IEC, ISA, Shell Design/Eng. Standards, CSA, ATEX, CE, and HSE/Hazop experience
• Background in HMI server configuration, Proficy iFix, Cimplicity, PI Historian, OPC server, or similar architect application
• Demonstrated ability to meet agreed upon goals and measurements
• Strong customer service mind-set.
• Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a matrix management environment.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving ability and adept at communicating with several levels of the organization.
• Experience in interfacing with all levels of internal and external customers.
• Power plant, refinery, or other related experience
• Six-Sigma Greenbelt certification (GE employees only)
• Good oral and written communication skills
Locations: India; Pune