GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gas: https://www.youtube.com/user/geoilandgas
GE is an equal opportunity employer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0qkWRqTdM Role Summary:
As a Cloud Operations Engineer you will be responsible for working with a team of highly talented and motivated cloud system and application administrators. You will be responsible for implementing latest monitoring technologies and ensuring the uptime Service Level Agreements (SLA) are achieved Essential Responsibilities:
As Cloud Operations Engineer, you will:
- Design, deploy and support monitoring solutions 24x7 for production and test environments
- Develop, Capture and Report fleet health metrics
- Proactively identify performance bottlenecks and assist in resolving them in collaboration with product engineering and production support
- Assist information security teams via monitoring solutions to ensure the production infrastructure remains secure
- Work with Customer Service teams to resolve customer escalations.
- Be available to respond to service availability issues and resolve them 24x7.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with MCA or equivalent qualification
- At least 2 years of experience in cloud operations support and configuring and defining monitoring framework and monitoring the infrastructure and services.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen as per GE policies
- Must be willing to travel as needed (roughly 10% of the time)
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Bangalore
Technical Expertise: Essential:
- Experience working directly with Cloud providers/infrastructure (AWS, Azure etc.), database technologies, Linux operating system
- Supporting applications deployed on Cloud based Infrastructure like Private cloud (OpenStack, Bare Metal systems or VM based environments) or Public Cloud (Rackspace or AWS EC2 Instances or Google Cloud) or across Hybrid Cloud Environments
- Experience developing solutions using orchestration tools (Chef/Puppet/Ansible/CFEngine etc)
- Managing and administering any monitoring tool like AppDynamics, New Relic, HP Openview, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Nagios, OpsView or equivalent
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following programming or scripting languages - shell/perl/python or Java
- Demonstrated skills in troubleshooting web based applications built on Apache, Tomcat, J2EE
Technical Expertise: Strongly Desired:
- Supporting mission-critical systems and applications
- Training on ITIL is highly desirable
- Should have worked with globally distributed teams and be able to effectively communicate across cultures/geographies.
- Should be able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Should be willing to quickly self-learn new technologies/products as needed
- Goal‐oriented. Effectively balances different, competing objectives