Sourcing Specialist - Buying/Procurement
- GE Global Operations
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:27:31 PM
- Job Function: Sourcing
- Business Segment: Global Operations Supply Chain
Location(s): Republic of Korea; Seoul
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This is for Business Sourcing – Power HRSG
Manage the buying process for a given set of Indirect sourcing goods & services. Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets and ensure realization of business objectives for indirect sourcing activities. Positions requiring understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures to enable sourcing execution.
• Collaborate with the local source commodity teams by translating the business requirements (SOWs) as input to the commodity strategy.
• Deliver a competitive advantage by driving the strategic supplier initiatives, selection, development, and consolidation to ensure optimal business performance.
• Partner with key local business stakeholders to ensure sourced material and services meet the needs of the business.
• Collaborate with local source commodity teams to ensure supplier quality and delivery performance needs are met and improvement strategies are implemented
• Collaborate with local commodity leaders to execute negotiation on specifically assigned commodities.
• Ensure business specific regulatory requirements, global ops compliance, and quality, delivery and cost expectations are met.
• Support Commodity Leaders with analysis (e.g. market, spend, savings, preferred supplier, pay terms/cash, etc.)
• Provide RFQ/RFP/SOW/contract negotiation support
• Lead small contract negotiations/key projects, engaging with key stakeholders (e.g. Commodity Leads, sourcing deploy teams, in some cases with key operational stakeholders) in defining/understanding requirements through to implementation
• Manage purchase orders through to delivery & supplier invoicing/payment (primarily in support of Corporate purchases)
• Support, maintain, and update key sourcing tools, processes and systems such as iSave (a savings tracking tool), OCDB (oracle contract database), preferred supplier list, etc.
• Provide other key support to the Commodity Leaders
• Execute across the purchase base, with full accountability for meeting deflation (savings), usage, cash and preferred supplier targets.
• Own the day-to-day execution of the transactional procurement process including approving a PO. Convert purchase requisitions into purchase orders and manage the purchase orders until closed.
• Work Cross-functionally with Global Ops and business teams to effectively implement business solutions.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 4 years' experience in Sourcing, Operations, Supply Chain and/or Commercial
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Locations: Republic of Korea; Seoul