GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We
transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical
power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world’s first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant
machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that
keep our world running.
http://www.GEEnergyConnections.com Role Summary:
The Lead Supplier Quality Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will use your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals. Essential Responsibilities:
• Conduct Supplier Audits/Surveillance for Conformance - Technical, QMS and Environmental Health and Safety.
• Establish a structured approach for quality assurance and drive consistency and adherence to quality procedures and requirements.
• Provide technical guidance to suppliers toward assuring product/process compliance with engineering drawings and specifications.
• Lead Part Qualification Team Activities, Primary Interface with the Supplier throughout the qualification process. Milestone Plan and inform Businesses of Changes and Delays in Schedule. Perform in-process checks during part qualification as required.
• Work closely with Sourcing COE's, business teams, Manufacturing, and Engineering to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may affect quality and delivery requirements.
• Drive continuous improvement of supplier's quality, cycle, and delivery performance through Six Sigma.
• Define Qualification Requirements and communicate them to Supplier, working with Sourcing and Engineering team.
• Conduct pre-qualification meeting with the supplier to review requirements, and resolve open issues
• Coach Supplier in preparation of Manufacturing Process Plan (MPP), Review, approves and validates the same
• Manage Sample and Production part Inspection on materials / equipment
• Work with supplier on root cause analysis and corrective action implementation. Monitor Corrective Action Implementation at Supplier to Resolve any Deficiencies identified by the Audits/product NC
• Resolve NCR / NCM generated on material delivered to production or site
• Assure supplier is complying with CTQ specification requirements for process capability data analysis
• Conduct Quarterly Supplier Scorecard Quality reviews
• Monitor Supplier's Sub-supplier management process Assure all sub-suppliers performing special processes are qualified
• Assure effective use of GE on line quality management tools Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college (or equivalent knowledge/experience),
- Proven experience in Supplier Quality Engineering,
- Fluent English
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively.
Work location may be flexible. Locations:
- Experience with Motors, rotors manufacturing would be a plus,
- Analytical and problem solving skills,
- Ability to work in cross functional team environment,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- ISO 9001 Auditor experience,
- Supplier management and Sourcing experience,
- Six Sigma certified (Green Belt a must),
- Quality and process control experience,
- Familiar with interpretation of engineering drawings / specifications and manufacturing process evaluation,
- Ability to work in cross-functional, global team environment.
Czech Republic; Praha