GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Global Operations is GE’s shared services organization. We deliver processes in every business and every region around the world. In Finance, Supply Chain, Tax, Commercial Operations, HR Operations, EHS, Enterprise Data and IT, we are simplifying the way we work to create better outcomes at lower cost for GE and our customers. We foster rewarding career opportunities that expand horizons, enhance skills, and maximize potential.
We strive to be the world’s best shared services operation, enabling GE's strategy by delivering for our customers, businesses, investors and employees.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
With partnership from the Global Operations Stat Team you will be responsible for ensuring local financial statement accuracy and filing compliance for your portfolio of GE entities. Driving global STAT and other Finance related simplification projects across the UK & Ireland. Working closely with our shared service centres, as a member of the UK & Ireland Site team, shaping the future for GE’s statutory reporting and finance processes.
Ensure an annual plan is developed, communicated and acted upon, ensuring the expectations from all stakeholders are clear. Responsibilities will include
• Liaising with external auditors and GE business to develop an audit plan and deliverables expectations
• Ensuring buy-in from both the GE businesses and the auditor
• Ensuring that the GE reporting tools (STIR) are fully utilized and completed prior to auditor arrival
• Acting as an on-going support to GE business throughout the audit
• Liaising with external auditors over outstanding audit items and further disclosure requirements
• Ensuring conflicts between GE and auditors are identified and resolved together with the business teams through re-prioritization or further work
• Coordinating the communication between the GE business and the Corporate Tax compliance team and ensure all Tax issues identified are escalated to the Tax teams for resolution; taking the support of the GE business tax manager
Pro-actively manage the annual process by anticipating process changes and planning appropriately
• Escalating key issues within the Global Operations organization and with the business in a constructive, well-structured and timely manner
• Considering and develop different options to resolve issues raised, and make recommendations on key judgment calls
• Understanding and assessing impact of any regulatory changes on your GE portfolio via the provision of technical expertise through building a relationship with the external service providers and other training
• Identifying best practices and efficiency opportunities within the process and ensure they are shared within the rest of the Global Operations Finance UK team
Drive STAT and Finance simplification initiatives in a global GE shared service environment Qualifications/Requirements:
• Promote and champion simplification projections around ERP changes, acquisitions, CoA developments, STAT ledger implementations, Legal Entity eliminations and new STAT reporting tools.
• Contribute to the new shared service model, work closely with our shared service partners in Budapest and drive the central audit methodology.
• Be a key business partner and align Global Operations work with GE’s wider business strategy.
To succeed in this role, the applicant must be an experienced finance professional who can combine the necessary technical skills, project management skills and soft skills needed for this role. Specifically:
• Formal finance qualification (ACA or ACCA) with an audit and professional practice background combined with experience in an audit environment, including dealing with the complexities of international reporting (US GAAP, IFRS) and UK GAAP
• Demonstrated project management experience combined with a strong process mindset and communication skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders including external auditors, Corporate TAX, VAT specialists, Consultants, IT experts
• Strong communication skills and ability to operate effectively with the shared service teams and representatives from the business, at different levels in the organization
• Change management skills in order to drive change towards a more consistent and performing process
• Travel to UK GE sites and to Budapest will be expected
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Desired Characteristics In addition to the above prior internal GE experience and/or experience within a shared services environment is a distinct advantage. Locations:
United Kingdom; Leeds